Job description / Role
- Proactively manage a pre-determined number of key accounts/key prospects and other active accounts to ensure maximum production to meet set target. Maintain valid call objectives and relevant action plans for each key account/key prospect and ensure all follow up is done in timely manner.
- Proactively prospecting new accounts for Mercure Dubai Barsha Heights Hotel Suites & Apartments and other Mercure Dubai Luxury Hotels worldwide and follow the sales process through to convert into 'producing' accounts.
- Take personal responsibility to ensure that all accounts are properly updated in Opera/Delphi and that the system is utilized to its full capacity. Maintain up-to-date activity and rate information for each account. Understand and be in a position to action any group and event enquiry and ensure accurate hand over for follow up to Inspired Meeting team.
- To actively support both: the Assistant Sales Manager and Sales Co-coordinator to assist them to carry out their roles effectively (i.e. by ensuring there are enough sales kits available for the week)
- To ensure that the morning briefing takes place at 9.00am daily and is attended by yourself and the Assistant Sales Manager.
- Communicating client requirements in a timely and accurate manner to all internal departments as required, ensuring delivery of superior guest service. Ensure accurate follow up and communication both internally to reservations and accounting departments, and confirmation to client.
- Ensure property rates sheets are accurate at all times. Communicate any obstacles to completing action plans to Cluster ADOS/Cluster DOSM and Hotel Manager.
- To arrange and manage familiarization / educational trips in line with business needs.
- Participate in Duty Management Shifts as required.
- Proactively respond to any Group/banqueting requests, checking space/rates in Opera /Delphi and communicating to Inspired Meeting Manager for further follow up.
- Entertain clients and potential clients in hotel outlets to showcase our property and special offers.
- Refers sales leads to appropriate personnel within the department.
- Sells to new, existing and prospective customers considering goals set forth in the sales strategy, negotiating optimum rate for the benefit of the business
- Services existing business through management of account bases
- Sell all facets of the hotel
- Manage the corporate head office and the preferred hotel history for that company
- Develop and maintain a regular pattern of sales calls, meeting with principals of target market
- Provides direction on, and conducts market research and analysis
Level of Education
Bachelor / Licence
Areas of study
3 to 5 years
Essential and optional requirements
- Power Point
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.