Job description / Role
• Drive and grow oil & gas / LNG / cryogenic / heat-traced pre-insulation piping sales across the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
Business Growth and Development
• Responsible for obtaining orders and sales by driving and implementing sales strategies to meet or exceed assigned operating plan and targets.
• Maximize market share growth of existing business
• Identify new customer/market opportunities and assist in developing plans to introduce new products and concepts that could increase revenue and contribution.
• Develop profitable win-win business opportunities.
• Drive critical business development initiatives, including strategic partnerships, alliances, etc.
• Develop strategies to win projects at the maximum profitability. Prepare a bid strategy documents to drive discussions and strategic reflection for high-value projects.
• Submit an annual Action Plan detailing key objectives, strategies, actions and timelines.
• Support strategic planning and business development initiatives.
Budget and Forecast
• Develop and implement regional business plan focusing on strategic countries and accounts
• Provide yearly budget and forecast sales trends, sales dollars / margins and communicate competitive situations.
• Set target sales margins in line with business strategies and market conditions.
• Develop and maintain long-term relationships with FEED/EPC companies at all levels of the organization.
• Work with agent representatives and customers to determine appropriate product / service solutions.
• Drive customer satisfaction, evaluation, plans, and follow through.
• Network and develop relationships with senior management and sales teams of the regional business units.
• Coordinate company staff to accomplish the work required to close sales.
• Contribute to defining and implementing marketing and commercial strategies to increase orders volume and profitability.
• Plan, organize, present and participate in marketing events such trade shows, customer events and seminars in order to promote our products and services.
• Conduct competitive market intelligence; monitor market trends and analyze and adjust positioning to grow market leadership.
• Possess advanced knowledge of competitor products and services and be able to effectively communicate the positioning, benefits, and features with regards to the competition.
• Analyze the project and market landscape in the region by using business intelligence resources such as MEED, industry literature, databases and networking.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills are essential with the ability to fact find, gather information and identify opportunities and new sectors within client businesses.
• Results-driven and self-motivated.
• Must have strong business acumen, customer/client focused, strong presentation skills and problem solving and analytical skills.
• Possesses strong interpersonal skills and a sense of urgency.
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment and adapt to change.
• Promotes a positive workplace culture by believing in teamwork, sharing information and open and transparent communication.
• Deliver projects by working in close synergy with internal teams such as estimation, procurement, project management, and operation.
• Prepare quotations/proposals, make presentations, sales contracts, follow-up, negotiate and finalize orders in accordance with the current sales policy, technical documentation and General Sales Conditions.
• Track projects from concept to award.
• Plan and coordinate effective sales visits, provide feedback and compile sales reports with follow-up actions.
• Document and report on all sales activities including sales forecast and pipeline. Work cooperatively with management, product development, marketing and finance to share information and act as an effective liaison for customers and partners in the region
• Develop technical specifications to meet project requirements.
• Identify opportunities at early stage so that products are qualified and specified.
AED 25,000 to 30,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Qualifications/Job Requirements (Education/Experience/Travel):
• A minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in the Oil and Gas/Industrial environment with a strong knowledge of pipeline insulation/coating manufacturing of on-shore / offshore upstream / downstream process plants, petrochemical complex, refineries and engineered projects preferred.
• Pipeline integrity knowledge including corrosion under coating beneficial.
• Strong track record of driving profitable growth.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, chemical, science or business related.
• Located in the UAE but willing to travel internationally approximately 50% of the time.
About the Company
PARKER CONNECT is the fastest growing Management Consultancy in the Middle East. We provide world class services such as Executive Search and Selection, Consultancy and Training through our centrally located office in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Ever since starting operations, the organization has witnessed rapid growth purely achieved through firm business relations and quality service delivery. Our market knowledge in the region put together with quality consultants and excellent infrastructure has enabled us to build a strong portfolio of clients which include MNC’s and local firms.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Business Development Manager / Account Manager