Job description / Role
This is a fantastic opportunity for an SFCC Full Stack developer to join a leading retail group in the middle east, working as part of the Technology team. The candidate will work with other developers and solution architects in the team to support the new transformation program, and other key e-commerce initiatives within the group.
As a Full Stack developer, you will build and maintain multiple websites for globally renowned brands on Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware).
- You will work on flagship websites for globally recognised brands, whilst meeting the demanding challenges on usability, resilience, performance, scalability and security.
- Building cross-browser, cross-device compatible pages adhering to industry best practices.
- Maintaining existing code and assets and troubleshooting bugs within a complex, global code base.
- You will work in cross discipline, agile and distributed team structures.
- You will be working in a community of Software Engineers and help contribute to the continuous improvement of the development process, practices, tools and techniques.
- Undergraduate degree in the following disciplines Computing, Engineering or Mathematics
Skills & Experience:
- Experience working an SFCC / Demandware Platform as a Senior full-stack or Senior front-end developer.
- Sound knowledge and experience on Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware) SiteGenesis/SFRA framework, Services framework and other platform capabilities.
- Extensive experience building responsive, scalable, elegant e-commerce websites
- Experience using Pipelines, JS Controllers, Demandware Script, ISML Templates
- Deep understanding of SFCC concepts such as Catalog, Products, Campaigns, Promotions, Customers Groups etc
- Excellent knowledge of Cartridge or File Structure of Salesforce Commerce Cloud
- Solid understanding of RESTful API development and JSON
- Experience working on cache strategy, CDN, front-end/back-end performance tuning, building and integrating LINK cartridges for 3rd parties and Service integration.
- Good awareness of Dev Ops - including Continuous Integration and Delivery using agile Configuration Management, Environment Management, Release Management practices
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.