Job description / Role
Job Title : SAP FICO Consultant
Division : ABH IT
Reports to : Manager SAP Financials
To contribute to the success of the team and the organization in achieving the vision of the ABH and its group companies by supporting all finance departments by supporting SAP FICO and or related SAP functional areas, initiate business process improvements, train and develop internal resource and support the implementation of new functionality and applications to optimize the use of resources.
Specific area of responsibility would be day-to-day SAP ECC FICO and PS support and the preparation of the business for the S/4 Hana implementation
Key performance area 1: Business Performance
• Responsible for the daily management, support and maintenance of all SAP Finance requirements and business improvements initiatives
• Manage the delivery of application enhancement programs through BPM and BPR
• Provide leadership to the business SAP user team
• To be the key driver of the use of business applications
• To inventories all Finance related business processes, identify opportunities to standardize and automate and prepare accounting department for S/4 implementation project
• To identify, train and develop set of super users at the pilot companies and to identify small group of finance resources from non-pilot companies to participate in the project to built knowledge and momentum cross companies
• To comply with company policies and procedures
• To comply with data security measures as per information security policies and procedures
• To implement application specific recommendations from internal/external auditors
• To plan and schedule project deliverables, goals, milestones for SAP projects
• To report on ongoing project status
Key performance area 2: Customers and Partner Relations
• To coordinate provision of excellence customer service to all business application users while maintaining professional standards
• To coordinate activities to respond promptly to internal customers request for support
• To maintain effective working relationships and interaction with users to ensure alignment if IT/ ERP and business objectives
• To identify and implement various initiatives to improve user satisfaction and IT support
• To collect user feedback to improve service levels and to meet commitments to internal customers
• To resolve helpdesk issues as per the SLA’s
• To collect IT and ERP training requirements from the different divisions and coordinate internal and external training sessions
Key performance area 3: People Development
• Should be team orientated, generating a strong sense of team spirit amongst the colleagues and other supporting departments for working towards a shared vision.
• Establish and maintain a participative and supportive team culture amongst all team members.
• Communicate clear performance objectives and individual performance targets to all team members.
• Assist the team in developing measurement tools to give real time information on operational performance.
• Contribute to building a positive team spirit by empathizing the team’s commitment to the goals and objectives.
• Manage, motivate colleagues, train, develop the knowledge and skills of the team and ensure that procedures related to performance appraisals and employee compliance is followed.
• Advise all levels of management on their responsibilities and accountabilities in relation to IT and ERP related topics.
Key performance area 4: Leadership/Innovation
• To suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solution using BPM methodology
• Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified and actions being taken to improve the situation
• Ensure commitment and team progress towards the divisional and corporate mission, vision and core values through monthly team meetings.
• Prepare formal reports for senior management expressing an opinion on the quality of IT systems and incorporating agreed solutions to process gaps.
• A university degree or equivalent
• An MBA with an Accounting specification is preferred
• A Project Management certification is highly appreciated
• Minimum of 5 full end-to end cycle SAP implementations
• Minimum 1 full S/4 Hana project cycle
• New G/L experience (preferably a migration project)
• In depth hands-on configuration experience in FI, CO & PS
• Excellent knowledge and experience on FI, CO & PS integration with other core modules, e.g MM, SD, HR
• Good hands-on configuration experience in BI/BW or any other data warehouse solution
• Minimum 5 years working experience in Accounting Department, preferably at a Pharma/FMCG or large family business
• Minimum 4 years in line management
• Minimum 3 years of SAP Project Management experience
• Industry Specific (Wholesale- Distribution or Pharma/FMCG) Implementation Experience is preferred
• Exposure to SharePoint is a major plus
• Hands on experience in SAP BCM is another plus.
• Preferred to have hands on experience in LSMW and Report painter tools.
• Fluent in verbal & written communication in English language required
Job Knowledge & experience required:
• Experience in planning and managing medium size IT projects in a multi-cultural environment, with internal and external resources from cross functional back grounds
• Good understanding of ERP (SAP) and MIS applications
• Understand business processes in Wholesale Distribution, Pharmaceutical or FMCG industry
• Experience in initiatives to improve business benefits through BPR and or BPM
• Participated in minimum of 5 SAP implementations of which 3 completed full implementation cycle
• Experience in managing project cost, time and budget
• Experience organizing support activities based on business priorities and resource availability
About the Company
The Middle East Executive Group has become the first choice for industry professionals wanting to work in the Gulf region.
We understand exactly how supply chain performance and sales performance impacts the bottom line and top line of product led businesses and we have the experience, network & expertise to match skilled professionals with exciting new roles that suit their experience, passion and drive in this highly strategic industry.
Our specialist teams internally are;
- Commercial Management & Sales
- Supply Chain & Logistics
- Strategic HR
The industries we focus on are;
- 3PL / Freight Forwarding
- Food & FMCG
- Medical & Pharmaceutical
SAP Application Admin
Emirates National Oil Company (ENOC)
Middle East Executive
SAP Solution Architect
|Abu Dhabi||20 Jun|
|Abu Dhabi||19 Aug|