Job description / Role
Parsons’ engineering and construction management staff members create innovative, safe, and sustainable infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait. We deliver rail, transit, road, and highway transportation; water conveyance and wastewater treatment; oil and gas; land development; public; and aviation infrastructure to our customers and communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists in analyzing schedule activities pertinent to the assigned design, engineering and construction of projects.
• Integrates inter-discipline schedule requirements and constraints to establish logical work sequences for assigned disciplines or specialties.
• Works with the performing organizations and units to coordinate work sequences with the total project plan.
• Establishes and implements methods for determining activity durations within assigned disciplines or specialties.
• Assists in invoice verification for payment based on cost-loaded schedules, as required.
• Reviews schedule data and identifies and acquires information needed to complete work logics to interface between assigned disciplines, specialties and/or projects.
• Assists in developing specific project codes of accounts and work breakdown structures, and recommends appropriate modifications and revisions for new work items assigned.
• Supports/performs integration of scope, cost and schedule within the WBS and ensure mapping is accurate on an on-going basis.
• Determines critical-path activities for assigned discipline or specialties and identifies significant activities supporting interdiscipline requirements and identifies critical path for discipline or specialty work activities.
• Analyzes, evaluates, and forecasts current status against an established baseline schedule.
• Monitors schedule deviations for assigned disciplines or specialties including subcontractor submittals and recommends corrective action/work-around solutions for project considerations.
• Assesses the impact(s) of design or construction changes and schedule slippages.
• Develops and writes the schedule commentary that appears in the monthly progress and similar reports. Identifies and reports activities that have a critical or potential impact on the schedule and prepares and presents the Critical Items Action Report.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a recognized university.
• 10 years of work experience in planning and scheduling of engineering and construction activities.
• Good written and oral communications skills.
• Thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations
• Knowledgeable of current Primavera Enterprise Systems scheduling technology and how it can be effectively utilized on the project.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Planning Engineer
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Abu Dhabi||19 May|