Job description / Role
About the Role
GEMS Wellington Academy, Silicon Oasis are seeking to recruit a well-qualified School Counsellor for September 2023. The successful School Counsellor will be responsible for designing and delivering a school counselling program that improves student outcomes. Through a culturally competent lens, the professional school counsellor will serve as a leader, advocate for students, a consultant to families and educators and a collaborator to promote equity and access for all students.
About Your Benefits
Competitive tax-free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, free schooling, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence and end of Service Gratuity.
GEMS Teachers also have free access to our loyalty app GEMS rewards www.gemsrewards.com which provides significant savings on day to day life in the UAE. We offer thousands of discounts and 2 for 1 offers on everything from flights, hotels, restaurants and retail outlets, making your salary go further and enhancing the opportunity to save whilst working overseas.
Postgraduate Diploma or Masters level in counselling or a related field ( for example: Masters in Counselling Psychology, Masters in Social Work )
- 2 years minimum experience in a school, school related environment
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of local laws on licensing and getting licensed
- Knowledge and understanding of mental health and safeguarding laws.
- Knowledge and ability to use technology with proficiency
- Further therapeutic training or qualification in working with children and young people
- An understanding of the developmental, emotional, social and educational issues of children and young
- Knowledge and understanding of data collection, disaggregation and presenting
- An awareness of the range of needs of people from diverse ethnic, cultural and social backgrounds
- Knowledge of relevant legislation pertaining to the safeguarding of children and mental health in the region
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Positive communication and listening skills
- Ability to build appropriate relationships
- Patience, tolerance and sensitivity
- A mature and non-judgemental outlook
About the Company
GEMS Education is a pioneering education company with an international network of award winning K-12 schools. Over the past 55 years GEMS has grown from one school to being a truly global company with one incredible mission â€“ to make quality education available to every student. Over 20,000 education professionals unlock the potential of over 250,000 students across 14 countries each and every day, preparing children of all ages for real world success.