Job description / Role
We are looking for an experienced school nurse to join our dedicated team in helping to provide all round nursing support to our students of determination. You will be required to:
- Provide medical assistance to all students
- Work closely with the Center’s doctor
- Maintain and update medical/vaccination records for students, incident reports etc
- Assess health complaints, administer medication and care for students
- Assist with all Covid-19 administration, contact tracing etc
- Act as a liaison between the Center and the DHA regarding compliance, statistics etc
- Participate in health education programs and health promotions for students, parents and school staff.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures related to the Center’s Health Program
- Provide emergency nursing management for injuries/illnesses.
- Act as a liaison between school personnel, family and health care professionals.
- Support and work closely with the Center on Child Protection
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or higher from an accredited institution
- DHA licensed
- Minimum of 4+ years nursing experience preferably pediatric trained with school experience
- BLS and any additional related educational qualifications and/or training
- Fluency in spoken & written English essential (Arabic a plus)
- Passionate and caring individuals
About the Company
The Dubai Center for Special Needs is an established, non-profitable institution that provides the highest standards of service in specialized education and therapy, for children with various disabilities. It is a caring environment, largely dependent on the generosity of the local communities and corporations. Its aim is to provide each and every one of its students the key to a positive life, thereby "Lighting the path to a brighter future".
There are 135 students at The Center of which 65% are U.A.E. Nationals. Our students are aged between 3 years and 27 years. Our aim is to give each and every one of our students the best quality of life of which they are able physically, emotionally, socially and academically.
When they have finished their academic education, we concentrate on prevocational training taking them to various organizations within Dubai for work experience and, hopefully, we can finally help them to gain employment within the community and to take their rightful place in this world which is their moral right.