Job description / Role
Support the school in managing all health related issues and in maintaining appropriate systems that fulfill DHA/HAAD compliance requirements
• Deal with students’ health issues including administering drugs, vaccines and other appropriate treatments
• Check on lunch boxes and the food served in the school canteen to support the school’s agenda on maintaining a healthy living environment; as well as undertaking healthy eating talks with students
• Support Health and Safety in school by liaising with Facilities Manager on regular checks
• Manage all issues with DHA/HAAD including compliance, approvals and statistics
• Make sure all First Aid Kits are appropriately maintained
• Undertake School Medicals with specific year groups
• Communicating with Parents regarding health and safety issues
• Administer vaccinations in the school (DHA/HAAD approved)
• Communicate and liaise with Children’s Health department at the DHA/HAAD
• Support, manage and caring for children with very specific health issues e.g. diabetic students
• Member of the Health and Safety Committee
• Support and work closely with the school on Child Protection
• Input clinic visits into proactive system
• Appropriate Nursing qualification and DHA / HAAD approved
• 3 years’ experience of Nursing in a recognized environment e.g. Hospital / School
• An extensive knowledge of Primary Health Care in particular in relation to families and children
• Ability to advise and support colleagues in practical application of effective and efficient health care for young people
About the Company
Taaleem’s main activity is the development and management of early childhood, primary and secondary schools. With quality at the forefront of our offering, we tailor each project to answer the specific educational requirements of a wide range of families by offering top international curricula including British, American, the International Baccalaureate and our custom early childhood programme.
Taaleem, which means education in Arabic, is committed to inspiring students and helping them to identify and develop their passions and talents. We only recruit the best international teachers who are capable of delivering our international curricula in a creative and engaging manner.
Taaleem is seeking to raise the educational standards in the region. The combined experience of its core team of senior education leaders in international education policy, operations and global management best practices means Taaleem is well positioned to ensure the creative of truly exceptional schools that satisfy the most comprehensive and exacting education developmental requirements.