Job description / Role
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position is responsible for supervision of school staff and students, overall administrative and academic management with the objective of enhancing student learning outcomes, through the strategic deployment of resources.
The role and responsibilities are briefly listed below.
* Relate the educational objectives of the school to instructional practices that yield the highest standards of student learning outcomes.
* Recognise and seek alternative learning solutions for students with behavioural or learning difficulties.
* Oversee the evaluation of existing programmes and practices, curriculum content and piloting of experimental programmes.
* Increase admission rate through promotional and marketing initiatives.
* Monitor industry trends to enable effective bench marking and learning from industry best practices.
* Ensure up to date and accurate business intelligence on competitors and operating environment.
* Develop and furnish business intelligence reports to stakeholders.
* Build and maintain contacts with current and prospective customers.
* Actively participate and encourage staff participation in parent-teacher and other community groups, as a means of developing understanding, cooperation, and respect for school objectives and endeavours.
* Liaise with internal and external stakeholders and entities to ensure smooth running of the school.
* Accept corporate responsibility for decisions made and ensure that those decisions are implemented.
* Establish effective means of staff recruitment, ensure the provision and implement a plan for staff development.
* Articulate a vision for Professional Development of staff and ensure its implementation.
* Identify and groom staff for administration and future responsibilities.
* Identify learning and training needs of employees and ensure that the relevant professional development activities are organised and participated in accordingly.
The candidate should have:
* A degree in education, educational leadership, management and administration up to Master's level (preferred).
* A thorough understanding of American curriculum
* A minimum of 8-9 years of overall experience in education, of which at least 3 years as a teacher and over 5 years in education leadership role in an American curriculum school
* Demonstrated leadership qualities balanced with strong interpersonal skills
* Openness, initiative , integrity and sound professional judgment
* Team management
* Conflict management
* Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
* Strong decision-making skills
* Gross monthly salary will be commensurate with the candidate's experience and profile [AED 25,000 - 30,000]
* End of Contract flight to country of origin
This is a two (02) year contract with an option to renew upon its completion. For more information or to apply, please apply online.
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results