Job description / Role
The primary responsibilities of an appointed principal at a private school are to:
• Oversee and ensure the school’s commitment to quality education and its continued improvement, with a main focus on students’ outcomes.
• Ensure the implementation of the school’s stated curriculum and related assessment and certification requirements in all phases.
• Ensure that the school is meeting the needs of all students, and groups of students, and must ensure students with special educational needs make at least good progress in all aspects of their education and development.
• Ensure that all Emirati students are making at least good progress in all aspects of their education and development.
• Ensure that the school is compliant with KHDA regulations and requirements.
• Promote Arabic language and the Emirati heritage as part of the school culture and curriculum.
• Recruit and appoint qualified staff, including vice principal(s) and section/department heads, according to rigorous standards in line with the demands set by KHDA and other related government agencies.
• Implement rigorous policies and procedures and oversee provision to ensure students’ health and safety at all times.
• Oversee and ensure all school records are updated, accurate and available to KHDA upon request.
• Implement and adhere to current and future regulations issued by KHDA and relevant authorities.
• Ensure the vision and mission stated in the KHDA approved academic plan for a new school are implemented.
• Relevant and appropriate teaching experience and preferably holds teaching qualifications
• Experience of no less than three cumulative years in educational leadership in the same or similar curriculum schools, where the candidate has held such positions as vice principal, head of section(s) or head of department, if the candidate has not been a principal before
• For a first time principal candidate and for a candidate newly recruited to Dubai, an advanced (post-graduate) university degree/diploma/qualification in educational matters (or the equivalent thereof), or evidence he/she is working towards obtaining such a degree from a recognized institution
About the Company
Athena Education is a leading and progressive education provider in UAE, promoted by eminent individuals with passion and strong commitment towards excellence in education. From the humble beginning of a single Nursery school in 2007, Athena today owns and manages a total of seven schools and two nursery schools in the UAE. The vision of Athena is to create its own brand of schools, as centers of excellence in education catering to UAE nationals and expatriates
The mission is to prepare, ‘Athena learners’ as distinct from others, so that they (1) lead their own learning (2) Think deeply and seek solutions, (3) Respect everybody and the world around, (4) Live in balance with nature, (5) Use contemporary digital technology, including artificial intelligence and (6) Articulate with passion using high level English .
Athena has a strong Athena Academic Board (AAB), consisting of eminent educationists who have a strong and successful track record of leading and improving schools & learning, internationally and in the UAE. The AAB will be working through the school leaderships to achieve rapid progress in learning outcomes of students in all our schools.