Job description / Role
The core purpose of this role is to provide professional leadership and management of the school that will promote a secure foundation from which to achieve high standards in all area of the school's work. The principal has the primary responsibility for the quality of education, the health and safety of children and students, and the administrative, financial and operational aspects of leading and managing the school.
Main responsibilities: (A detailed list will be shared post further communication)
Provide strategic direction and shape the future:
• Ensure clear communication and understanding of the school vision and mission by all and is acted upon effectively.
Manage the organization:
• Create an organizational structure that reflects the school's values.
• Develop and implement improvement programs for the school and provide relevant guidance to move the school towards high standards.
• Undertake recruitment tasks while implementing rigorous policies and procedures to ensure provisions for the welfare, health and safety for all.
Leading, Learning & Teaching:
• Implement strategies that secure high standards of behavior and attendance.
• Determine, organize and implement a diverse, flexible curriculum and implement an effective assessment framework.
Developing self and working with others:
• Regularly review own practice, set personal targets, taking responsibility for own personal development.
• Develop and maintain effective strategies and procedures for staff induction, professional development and performance reviews.
Reporting to: Director of Schools
Subordinates: All Heads of Departments
Duration: Permanent Position
Desired start date: As soon as possible
• British Curriculum teaching experience and preferably holds teaching qualifications from UK.
• Excellent knowledge of KHDA standards.
• Keen to take on challenging responsibilities for the growth of school and initiate strong school improvement programs.
• A proven record of initiatives taken in prior schools will be an advantage.
• Experience of no less than five cumulative years in educational leadership in the same or similar curriculum schools, where the candidate has held such positions as vice principal, head of section(s), or head of department, if the candidate has not been a principal before.
• For a first time principal candidate and for a candidate newly recruited to Dubai, an advanced (post-graduate) university degree/diploma/qualification in educational matters (or the equivalent thereof), or evidence he/she is working towards obtaining such a degree from a recognized institution.
About the Company
Reliable Partners for your team hiring and team development needs
We are your partners for sourcing and recruiting. Stratpartners is based in UAE, headquartered in Dubai. We have strong networks in South Africa and India. In South Africa and India we have very capable and experienced partners, who enhance our professional footprint.
We also have capability to consult on leadership development and deliver leadership development training for your first level managers and up.
We believe that by helping you find the right people for your business and when needed, by helping you in developing your team, we build your competitive advantage. This is our mission.
The firm is young with experienced senior business professionals of diverse, international experience. We understand business and we understand people. Therefore, we understand your people needs in the context of your business and help you find the right solutions.
Our deliverables: - Talent search and recruitment - Assessments using Korn Ferry Hay tools - Outcome based Leadership & skills training