Job description / Role
We are actively seeking outstanding Science teachers to join our highly regarded Kindergarten to Grade 12, American Curriculum school. The successful candidate will be a dynamic, enthusiastic and creative team player, who can engage students in active learning and build excellent relationships with students, peers and parents alike. In return they will receive ongoing professional development, a competitive salary package and opportunities for career development.
In the recent 2017 external inspection, LIS was rated ‘good’ overall with a rating of 'very good' in 3 out of the 6 categories.
We are interested in hearing from teachers with:
• A Bachelor’s degree (with PGCE or equivalent certification) or Bachelor of Education
• At least two years full time class or subject teaching experience
• Experience working with EAL / ESL learners
• Confident use of Assessment for Learning techniques to support students’ learning
• Excellent knowledge of ICT in the classroom
• Positive communication skills and a team player
• Flexibility and resourcefulness in the classroom
While the school delivers the American Curriculum (Common Core – California State Standards and NGSS for Science), experience of this curriculum is not essential and applicants who have experience of other standards based international curricula are also encouraged to apply.
About the Company
Founded in 1992, Liwa International School set sail on its mission to provide the highest quality educational experience for learners. Backed by a quality-assurance ISO 9001:2008 certificate, an international reputation and refined expertise, Liwa has become a trademark of academic excellence in the region.
In our books, education means much more than imparting facts and statistics. It means nurturing latent talents, fostering creativity and empowering students to form opinions, preferences, and interests to become critical thinkers, and lifelong learners.