Job description / Role
Are you an experienced Science Teacher? Are you looking for a great new opportunity teaching overseas in the Northern Emirates on a 2 year fixed contract?
(Candidates MUST be available to attend a face to face interview in either Vancouver, Toronto, New York, Houston,London,Manchester Or Sharjah, UAE. Please do not apply unless you are prepared to travel to one of the listed locations)
Alderwood are representing a large and successful teaching organisation that is responsible for running a large number of private schools in the Middle East. We are looking for a large number of experienced and qualified Science teachers to join them in July - October 2017
You will be responsible for providing high quality teaching and learning support to students aged 14-18 years old by conducting sound competency assessments with your discipline. You are also required to provide administrative, promotional and other support to ensure the effective functioning of the company.
• Responsible for planning, managing and improving the learning of their own students, working with other team members.
• In collaboration with Lead Teachers to implement and continually improve curriculum, teaching, learning and assessment strategies.
• To manage the learning of the students, maintaining records, collaborating with other teachers and promoting staff development in a pro-active manner.
• Responsible for planning and participating in professional development opportunities to further their own knowledge, skills and abilities.
• To manage all facilities and activities related to achieve student learning.
• To play a leadership role in role-modeling behavior, attitudes, and learning behaviors for students.
• Responsible for achieving the set learning outcomes in students, and therefore supervise all student activities and processes to ensure outcomes.
• To develop and maintain teaching materials and assist with program quality assurance processes.
• Teachers liaise with Student Counselors, as required. Communicate progress and performance to students and school management/administration.
Minimum 3 years of relevant teaching experience in a middle or high school level.
• Bachelor degree required. Master's degree preferred.
• Teaching qualification. (pgce,celta,tefl,tesol,pttls)
• Computer literate
• Excellent oral and written English essential.
• Spoken Arabic skills preferable.
• IELTS 7 Academic for non-first language English speakers only
In return you will receive:
• Full salary package of £54,000
• Medical insurance for Employee, Spouse and 3 children
• End of Service Bonus
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Health Science Teacher