Science Teacher (Physics/Chemistry/Biology)
Job description / Role
Science Teacher (Physics/Chemistry/Biology) - September 2023
About the Role
We are looking to appoint an 'Outstanding' Teacher of Science (Chemistry/Physics/Biology) to join our team at GEMS Wellington International School in September 2023.
Teaching at GEMS is not just a job, it's a career. Our teachers enjoy free access to leading CPD programs and have the opportunity to grow with the company on a global scale. With most of our leaders coming from within the GEMS network of schools, GEMS teachers are in a unique position to consider career opportunities across the world as we expand into more and more countries.
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including:
Competitive tax-free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, free schooling, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence and end of Service Gratuity.
GEMS Teachers also have free access to our loyalty app GEMS rewards www.gemsrewards.com which provides significant savings on day-to-day life in the UAE. We offer thousands of discounts and 2 for 1 offers on everything from flights, hotels, restaurants and retail outlets, making your salary go further and enhancing the opportunity to save whilst working overseas.
The successful applicant will be required to have the following:
- A B.Ed. or degree and PGCE / PGDE or equivalent with exceptional subject knowledge.
- At least 2 years' experience of the National Curriculum for England.
- Experience teaching GCSE, IB. We are seeking to appoint talented, highly motivated and well-qualified individuals. You should have a proven track record of outstanding learning and teaching.
- A mindset which understands all students have the potential for top performance, and the drive and passion to enable them to do so.
- Experience which will enable a contribution to our enriched curriculum programme.
About Your Benefits
GEMS Education will be visiting the UK (London and Manchester) in February/March 2023, giving candidates the opportunity to interview in person for the next academic year, September 2023.
Date and location will be confirmed upon successful invitation to interview. This will be a closed event and by invitation only.
About the Company
GEMS Education is a pioneering education company with an international network of award winning K-12 schools. Over the past 55 years GEMS has grown from one school to being a truly global company with one incredible mission â€“ to make quality education available to every student. Over 20,000 education professionals unlock the potential of over 250,000 students across 14 countries each and every day, preparing children of all ages for real world success.