This position is closed or expired.
See other Sales jobs
Sea Freight Coordinator – Al Futtaim Logistics
Al Futtaim Group
Al-Futtaim Logistics is a leading Supply Chain Management company in Dubai, UAE, with our major shareholder being one of the largest business houses in the lower Gulf region. Al-Futtaim logistics, started as a small warehouse for Al-Futtaim products about 25 years ago, and has developed over the years into one of the largest logistics service providers in the UAE. We have nearly 500 people on our diverse team from 20 different countries.
We offer superior pan-Arab supply chain management solutions including warehousing and distribution, freight forwarding as well as IT solutions and Supply Chain Design and Consulting. The company has an international network of offices and agents for overseas freight and warehousing and distribution centres in all major UAE cities and ports.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Sea Freight Coordinator to work from our Jebel Ali based operations. You will be responsible for efficiently managing and leading the freight department operations activities and team members to ensure ongoing profitability.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
* Intimate understanding of the Freight P&L and budget
* Management and review all freight department process and procedures
* Establishment of internal and external SOP'S / SLA'S
* Negotiation with internal and external vendors on rates and service levels
* Management of the operational processes with EDI operating platform.
* Develop and maintain high levels of staff morale and ensure staff are adequately trained on EDI operating platform
* Creation and maintenance of operational KPI'S
* Analysis of weekly and monthly P&L reports supplied by finance
* Direct management responsibility for over 30 subordinates
To apply for this role you should have the following skills, experiences and qualifications:
* A graduate degree preferably in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain or equivalent
* Minimum 8 - 10 years international freight exposure
* Minimum of 5 years within the local market at management level
* Full comprehension of international sea freight and airfreight transportation procedures
* Ability to lead, motivate and manage operations teams
* Intimate understanding of all UAE import and export protocols
* High level customer service ability
About the Company
Established in the 1930\\'s, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940\\'s and 50\\'s saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Groups continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Groups belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.