Job description / Role
About the Role
We are looking for outstanding Secondary Years Teachers to join us at GEMS World Academy for September 2023. This is a fantastic opportunity for educators to start or continue their international career with a leading global education company. Our teachers enjoy an outstanding, state of the art school facility and environment in which to deliver a dynamic learning opportunities to a highly motivated international student body.
We are hiring for the following positions.
- English Language & Literature
- Individuals & Societies (History/Geography)
- Visual Arts
- Physical and Health Education
The successful applicant should have the following:
- A certified professional teaching qualification at degree level, such as B.Ed./M.Ed., specializing in your teaching subject area at Secondary School (Y7-13) and an internationally recognized teaching qualification (ex. PGCE, PGDE) or teaching license
- Minimum of 2 years' experience
- Familiarity with the IBMYP and/or NCfE framework is preferred.
- Proven track record of successful and varied teaching. Genuine alignment with the philosophy of the IB and the values embodied in the Learner profile are essential, as is a passion for working in our truly diverse community.
- A growth mindset and willingness to collaborate with colleagues to ensure high performance for all
- Ability to build strong relationships with students and their families
- Professional commitment to becoming an "Outstanding" Teacher
- A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom
- Excellent IT and interpersonal communication skills
- The aspiration to work in a world-class school with real prospects for enhancing your career
Teaching at GEMS is not just a job, it's a career. Our teachers enjoy free access to leading CPD programmes and have the opportunity to grow with the company on a global scale. GEMS teachers are at the forefront of opportunities for growth and development; with most of our leaders coming from within the GEMS network of schools.
As well as being a great place to work, Abu Dhabi is a vibrant, cosmopolitan, rapidly expanding city where the sun shines all year round. Teachers in Abu Dhabi enjoy an excellent lifestyle as well as extensive travel and leisure opportunities around the region and further afield.
If you are excited by this opportunity and are keen to apply please ensure to mention in your cover letter if you will be traveling with a teaching partner and what subject/year groups they are qualified to teach.
About Your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including a competitive tax free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, school tuition fee concessions, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence, and End of Service Gratuity.
About the Company
GEMS Education is a pioneering education company with an international network of award winning K-12 schools. Over the past 55 years GEMS has grown from one school to being a truly global company with one incredible mission â€“ to make quality education available to every student. Over 20,000 education professionals unlock the potential of over 250,000 students across 14 countries each and every day, preparing children of all ages for real world success.