Job description / Role
About the Role
GEMS Dubai American Academy is looking to appoint an outstanding, highly-motivated and well-qualified Middle Secretary to join our team immediately. Middle School Secretary facilitates and coordinates all secretarial and administrative functions to ensure the smooth running of the Middle School office and acts as an ambassador to the school and performs in an efficient, professional, and confidential manner all job duties.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Models and encourages a culture of kindness in support of the GEMS/DAA core values and upholds the mission and ethos of the school.
- Acts as an ambassador for the school and performs all job duties in an efficient, professional, and confidential manner. Takes initiative to improve systems and processes to aid in efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain high quality communication from and within the school office. Liaise with tact and diplomacy with school staff, students, parents and visitors.
- Responsible for managing all secretarial functions of the Middle School office.
- Generate and process daily office e-mails and telephone calls
- Perform a wide variety of general secretarial duties including the maintenance of accurate and detailed records, databases, and filing systems.
- Maintain Line Managers' appointment calendar as well as all his/her professional communication and public relations needs.
- Compile information from various sources to generate reports; prepares, collate and distribute weekly, monthly and annual reports as required.
- Assist in training and monitoring the work of temporary secretaries, student assistants and other clerical staff.
- Review and update all documentations, calendars and all school related activities. Organize and coordinate office management activities and oversees school events. Communicates information to faculty, staff, parents, and students.
- Maintain office supply records. Order, store and issue supplies and materials pertinent to the function to which assigned.
- Ensure the GEMS policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
- Respond to telephone calls and enquiries courteously and direct calls to appropriate school personnel.
- Work in tandem with all other secretaries creating a positive team ethos.
- Assist with parent issues, trying best to solve them in timely and professional manner.
- Provide information in regards to school programs, events, functions, activities, examinations and timings.
- Initiate effort and energy beyond the typical work day, where the tasks require additional commitment.
- Attend staff meetings and serves on committees as required.
Please note: Interviews and hiring of shortlisted candidates may occur prior to the advertised closing date.
About Your Benefits
This position offers an attractive tax free salary and benefits including an airfare allowance and 52 calendar days of annual leave.
The successful applicant should have the following:
- Demonstrate excellent competence in computer technical skills using Google, Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and other related programs/software for educational and business office use;
- Maintain confidentiality and exemplify personal and professional integrity;
- Two (2) years' experience as Secretary in an office or school environment.
- Good verbal communication skills/telephone etiquette.
- Effective interpersonal skills to aid in daily contact with a diverse multi-cultural population.
- Ability to multi-task and withstand interruptions to best serve community needs.
- Excellent written/spoken English language skills.
About the Company
GEMS Education is a pioneering education company with an international network of award winning K-12 schools. Over the past 55 years GEMS has grown from one school to being a truly global company with one incredible mission â€“ to make quality education available to every student. Over 20,000 education professionals unlock the potential of over 250,000 students across 14 countries each and every day, preparing children of all ages for real world success.