Job description / Role
Parsons International, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Section Manager – Structures
• Report to Design Director.
• Operate effectively at Manager level and capable of managing a diverse structural design team.
• Provide technical leadership and guidance to the structural team and maintain culture of growth and development in the team.
• Develop and manage the structural team’s resource plan, processes, and best practices.
• Play strong supportive role in team building to ensure smooth operations.
• Responsible for preparing and delivering structural design reports and documents for submissions.
• Attend meeting with agencies/authorities and Client as part of the design process and approvals.
• Support in BIM transformation initiative and contribute to the establishment of BIM with close interaction with BIM Manager.
• Coordinate with other Discipline Leads and attend progress meetings.
• Participate in proposal development and prepare technical and commercial input related to structural works.
• Ensure strict QA/QC procedures are carried out on structural works before issuing any documents.
• Support Construction Supervision Team during construction as Structural Specialist and respond to structural RFIs.
• Assist Construction Supervision Team in reviewing proprietary items and provide on-site support to solve structure-related problems, when required.
• Complete additional duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
• Preferably with Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering.
• At least 20 years of experience.
• At least 5 years of latest experience in a similar role in an engineering design consultancy firm.
• Preferably with Professional Engineering Certification from US or equivalent.
• Proficient in the use of AASHTO LRFD, ACI, and other international codes and standards, and must have experience in local codes and standards.
• Strong background in interacting and coordinating with agencies and authorities in relation to structural works.
• Experience in managing and leading design teams and managing resources to meet deadlines.
• Experience multi-disciplinary project delivery. Meticulous attention to detail with a focus on QA/QC.
• Solid experience in preparation and review of structural design calculations and constructability review on the drawings.
• Must have sound experience in design of bridges - reinforced concrete, precast and prestressed (pretention and post-tensioned), structural steel, and design for earthquake.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Strong experience in writing and preparing specification and design reports for structural works.
• Experience in existing structure assessment.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Civil Engineering Project Manager
Construction Manager - Major Exhibition Programme
Senior Construction Manager
|Abu Dhabi||3 Apr|
Project Manager - PMC