Job description / Role
Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Role and Responsibilities
The candidate will need to develop overall IAM strategies for our clients to help them in their digital transformation journeys. IBM boasts a broad IAM portfolio with identity governance, identity analytics, access management, password-less authentication, directories, consent management, consumer identity management, digital identity, and privileged identity management & analytics. Proficiency across the board of IAM technologies and a solid IAM industry understanding and trends is a necessity. Hands-on implementation experience can be beneficial for this position, as proof of concept and customized demonstrations are critical requirements.
The candidate must have strong organization skills, multi-task effectively, and have strong communications skills, both written/verbal.
- Deliver s technical accelerators like presentations, demos, Proof of Technology & Proof of Concepts for IBM Security IAM solutions.
- Acts as IAM subject-matter technical expert to validate how a proposed solution meets and exceeds customer requirements.
- Supports sales team on prospect conference calls, WebEx and onsite visits by providing product demonstrations; expertly responds to technical questions, and explains features in the context of solving customer's business problems on Security Operations & Response.
- Leads technical response to Request for Proposals (RFPs) and Request For Information (RFI)
- Creates technical collateral and assets to share knowledge and expertise within IBM.
- Supports partner teams by participating in technical calls and meetings with prospective customers evaluating solutions
- Supports partner teams by delivering enablement session for IAM technology across the region.
- Supports and deliver speeches on IAM in industry & IBM events.
- Provides feedback to product management for align ing product direction with customer requirements in the Middle East market.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
As a minimum, the candidate will have the following:
- At least 7 years experience as IAM presales, IAM lead, IAM Security Architect, IAM Consultant, defining and delivering security architectures in complex multi-technology environments
- Proposal & solution shaping & development
- IAM assessment, strategy and roadmap development
- Presentation skills for C-Level clients and technical audienes.
- Knowledge of top (analysts) quadrant IAM Technologies and understanding of the IAM competitive environment.
- Experience in presales or delivering projects in the relevant IAM Domains:
- Governance; life-cycle, provisioning/provisioning, workflow automation, delegated administration, password synchronization, self-service, Role-Based Access Control, access management
- Privileged Access Management; Vaulting, Session Recording, Access Controls methods such as Sudo.
- Cloud-Native IAM: Azure, Okta, AWS or others.
- Web Access Management; Single-Sign-on, Access Federation, , Privileged Access Management, Desktop Single Sign-on, Advanced and Multi-Factor Authorization, RBAC/ABAC, Application Integration.
- Directory Services; LDAP, Active Directory.
- Other; Desktop Single Sign-on, API / Rest / XML, RACF, ADFS, Multi-Factor Authentication, XACML, SCIM, SAML 2.0, OpenID Connect, LDAP.
- Understanding of virtualization, container and DevOps processes and tools.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms and technologies as well as industry trends on IAM on cloud.
- Basics of Unix / Windows and network system administration , as well as HTTP/S protocols.
- Understanding of Data Protection Security Domain like Database Activity Monitoring (DAM), DLP, data classification, etc.
Whilst not a prerequisites, the following will be advantageous:
- Stakeholder and scope management
- A recognized certification in security appropriate to the role, for example CISSP or CISM.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- CISSP or equivalent technical certification
- University Degree
- Ideal candidate will have 7 or more years of Technical consulting/Technical sales/ Technical Architecture experience in On Prem or SaaS solutions.
- Hands on experience in the implementation, design and architecture of IAM Solutions.
- Experience with Cloud based solutions and integration of IAM tools
- Development experience in writing custom adapters
- Good presentation skills
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.