Job description / Role
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today's businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM's clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client's organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Security is looking for IAM Lead to support a variety of projects across multiple industry sectors. Your role will be a mix of consultancy, design and delivery. You will
- Consider, understand and document client requirements
- Engage with other teams in IBM Security and the wider IBM, to put a value proposition to clients and help win new business;
- Deliver agreed pieces of work either as team lead or as part of a team.
- Provides thought process and architectural guidance to our clients to transform and manage their current identity and access management programs into a next generation identity and access management program.
- Be responsible for all aspects of the practice including business development, client engagement leading and or working on consulting engagements.
- You will be able to apply a consulting approach using knowledge gained from previous roles, experiences and engagements, IBM's intellectual capital, knowledge of the market/industry, and your own research to address client's security challenges.
- Assist clients in assessing clients IAM pain points, developing overall
- Identity and Access Management security strategy, roadmap, architectures and blue prints based on IT environment and overall business, technology and security objectives at the strategic and operational level, with the ability to define the structures of solutions and architectures.
- Engage clients and work to understand their business needs, works in levels of abstraction, applies industry knowledge, and leverages appropriate business elements and information technology to address those needs.
- In addition advise clients in understanding the desired future IAM framework and work collaboratively with them to develop a roadmap to achieve this goal and become a trusted advisor.
- This includes working as a team member with client personnel to identify functional and non-functional requirements and subsequently working on the identification, justification and design of the client's solution.
- Act as IAM lead where necessary to guide project teams in developing & executing on actionable roadmaps to deliver on defined architectures & blueprints.
- Support the development of colleagues and pro-actively share their experience, reusable reference material and assets.
- They act as part of a team at all levels within IBM, taking responsibility for helping to expand the capabilities of our rapidly growing security organisation.
- Thereby, enabling business growth beyond their immediate work on individual security opportunities.
- We pride ourselves on being vendor neutral and developing solutions that are the best fit for our customers' requirements.
- This means you won't just work with IBM technology; you will work with technology from of our alliances and other vendors.
Are you passionate about keeping current and open to new ideas?
- To develop your knowledge, along with the cooperative nature of the team, you will be encouraged to constantly learn and improve by visiting industry events and workshops.
- You will also have access to the global IBM education portal which you are also encouraged to explore as we believe that education and development should not be exclusively security based.
- Making time to think and explore leads us to develop new ideas and to be better able to help our clients.
- We are focused on developing talent and industry leading skills. IBM believes in career growth and flexibility.
- If your desire is to help empower people with unmatched security while working in a supportive and engaging environment, your career and your future will be made with IBM.
- Projects are based across the Middle East & Africa, often on client premises.
- The expectation of team members is that they will travel to support clients on site across the region if need arises.
- All permanent IBM employees have the opportunity to apply to work flexibly under the IBM Flexible Working Policy.
- Any flexibility is subject to prior management approval in line with business needs.
Responsible for managing all the activities related to delivering a security led IAM solution for the duration of their engagement, including but not limited to:
- Leadership - managing all aspects of the solution, the technical team, managing client requirements and linking those requirements to IBM's solution
- Define overall IAM business strategy from the geography perspective
- Create architectural designs that translate into solution requirements
- Creating & delivering the solution element of security proposals, this could be administrative, operational, technical or physical
- Cost solutioning - ensure all elements of cost are accurately reflected in the solution, and relevant backup documentation is available
- Assisting Sales with responding to requests for proposals and plan the strategy for a given client in responding to client engagements.
- Defining and creating a solution that meets the client's requirements, is deliverable and commercially viable
- Responsible for ensuring the solution links to the cost case - proposal and contract
- Understanding the Risk Posture of the client, including their drivers and apatite, legal, regulatory and compliance drivers for the client
- Understanding the functional and non-functional requirements of the system
- Refining the Security architecture to support the functional design
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
As a minimum, you will have the following:
- At least 10 years' experience as IAM lead, IAM Security Architect, IAM Consultant, defining and delivering security architectures in complex multi-technology environments
- Proposal & Solution shaping & development
- IAM Assessment, Strategy and roadmap development
- Requirement definition and refinement
- Presentation skills for C-Level clients
- Creation and delivery of required design artifacts.
- Knowledge of top (analysts) quadrant IAM Technologies
- Experience Delivering projects/Architectures for at least two of the following IAM Domains:
• Identity; life-cycle, provisioning/provisioning, workflow automation, delegated administration, password synchronisation, self-service, Role Based Access Control, related business and security standards, policies processes and procedures. Operating System, Application and Web Application Access controls and methods. End Point Integration.
• Privileged Access Management; Vaulting, Session Recording, Access Controls methods such as Sudo. Hard coded password approaches, Operating System, Database, Application integration and methods. Related business and security standards, policies processes and procedures
• Cloud Native IAM: Azure, Okta, AWS or others.
• Web Access Management; Single-Sign-on, Access Federation, Privileged Access Management, Desktop Single Sign-on, Advanced and Multi Factor Authorisation, RBAC/ABAC, Application Integration.
• Directory Services; LDAP, Active Directory, Azure, Integration, replication/synchronisation,
• Other; Desktop Single Sign-on, API / Rest / XML, RACF, ADFS, Multi-Factor Authentication, Mobile
- Experience working with at least two of the following IAM Technologies: CyberArk, Thycotic, Sailpoint, Oracle, Okta, Azure, MIM, ISIGI, ISIM, CI, ISAM, ISSS, BeyondTrust, OneIdentity, RSA, AAD, AWS native IAM.
- Some understanding of Data Security Domain consulting and controls like Database Activity Monitoring (DAM), DLP, Classification etc
While not prerequisites, the following will be advantageous:
- Stakeholder and scope management
- A recognized certification in security appropriate to the role for example: CISSP, CISMP, CompTIA Security +, ITIL qualification etc.
- Fluency in English
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.
Information Security Officer
Arab Payment Services (APS)
Cybersecurity Consultant (Pre Sales)
HR Source Consulting
Technology Division Manager / Head of IT
RTC-1 Employment Services
IT Support Engineer - L1, L2 L3