Job description / Role
We serve the needs of online shoppers in all Arabic speaking and surrounding countries through our trusted, secure payment network that gives everyone the opportunity to shop online safely and easily.
We build trust between buyers and online sellers by enabling consumers to transact online using the payment options they prefer with complete security and peace of mind while supporting the most popular payment methods available globally.
PAYFORT is part of Souq Group, established in 2013. PAYFORT is regional expert in payment processing technology and solutions across major markets in the GCC & Levant countries, operating in UAE, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Jordan and Qatar.
As an Application Security Engineer you will participate to secure the design and implementation of several internal and external payments services. If you enjoy analyzing the security of secure channels, services, mobile and web applications, but also create and implement secure designs and protocols, work within development teams to innovate, finding solutions to security problems at scale, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or 5+ years relevant experience
· At least 4 years of experience in application security testing & engineering
· Assess and support in designing secure architecture for payment applications
· Building secure APIs, SDKs and custom tools to mitigate application vulnerabilities
· Consistent track record implementing security solutions at the business unit level
· Excellent knowledge of Linux/Unix
· Knowledge of Internet protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, TACACS, IPSEC, SNMP, SYSLOG)
· Strong scripting skills in multiple common languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, bash)
· Experience in deploying and supporting web and/or payment applications in a 24x7 production environment
· Excellent communication, documentation, work prioritization and analytical skills.
· Proven design skills
· Previous experience building PCI compliant systems within payments realm, e.g. payment gateways, processors, card issuers, banks, etc.
· Professional experience and detailed technical knowledge in multiple areas of: security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
· Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services security
· Experience with the application of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
· Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.