Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 80+ cities across 12+ countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Careem security team is responsible for securing data at a massive scale. Hundreds of millions of users trust us to keep their private data safe.
Careem is looking for a Security Engineers (All levels) with exceptional skills who can help in the detecting and addressing potential vulnerabilities in our services, applications and infrastructure.
This is a key role in driving the next evolution of security operations and monitoring, threat intelligence and other key security-related initiatives across Careem products and services. This position comes with many "hats" and is a great opportunity to make a difference and improve overall security of Careem solutions. Part engineer, part hacker, you will work in our security team building and breaking new products and services.
The Security Engineer will be providing a leading-edge security solution to protect web services, applications, define patterns for hardening cloud-based infrastructure and provide incident response, analysis, and management support to identify, contain, and remediate incidents in production.
We are looking to grow all of our security capabilities including:
- Security Engineering: user facing features, backend systems, secure-by-default libraries and security tooling.
- Security Testing: pentesting, red teaming and software security assessments.
- Security Programs: security architecture, security consultancy and remediation.
- Security Monitoring: logging, detection, alerting, response and investigation.
- Must be familiar with penetration testing tools & methodologies.
- Familiar with OWASP top 10, SANS standards, CIS.
- Experience as part of a Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC), or Security Operations Center (SOC).
- Technical knowledge and extensive hands-on experience with security and networking architecture, networking protocols, network security design, intrusion prevention/detection, and firewall architecture.
- Expert level knowledge of security monitoring tools and SIEMS, such as Splunk
- Experience with digital forensics and response tools such as Carbon Black, Rekall, log2timeline, The Sleuth Kit (TSK), X-Ways Forensics, Volatility, GRR, etc
- Prefered to have Security Certifications: CISSP, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP), GIAC, or SANS are desired.
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.