Job description / Role
• Welcomes guests and provides a high standard of Safety & Security service.
• Contributes globally to guest satisfaction through the quality of his/her work and exemplary behavior
• Ensure APACHE procedures are updated and strictly adhered to.
• Provides a friendly and personalised welcome for guests
• Offers an attentive service to guests, adapting to any constraints
• Heeds any remarks made by guests and ensures follow-up
• Conveys the image of the hotel
• To provide a safe and secure hotel environment by safeguarding guests, employees, and assets of hotel against fire and other hazards, to develop and maintain sound security methods and procedures in line with hotel and corporate policies and guidelines, and the hotel's business plan.
• Is responsible to ensure Associates are properly train and follow up and register Associates for Security training requirement with local authorities
• Direct report to the General Manager
• Develops and maintains a working relationship with the local fire, police, and government agencies
• Patrols the hotel on a regular basis and documents activities in accordance with corporate safety and security policies and procedures
• Processes all written reports involving security related incidents and guest or employee accidents
• Improves safety and security at the hotel by communicating hazards with department heads and taking appropriate corrective action
• Handles complaints, investigates, and thoroughly reports on guest or employee injuries, thefts, assaults, lost property, car accidents, loud parties, vandalism, and other guest complaints
• Develops written procedures for handling any emergency that would require partial or complete evacuation of the hotel such as fire, armed robbery, severe injuries, power failure, or bomb threats
• Ensures that all hotel entrances and exits are locked and unlocked per hotel policy
• Maintains hotel key management procedures and ensures that all keys are accountable and only authorized persons have access to keys
• Closes down the different outlets at closing time
• Ensures that all meeting rooms and exhibit rooms are secured to keep unauthorized individuals out of the area and prevent theft
• Completes daily security log, including pertinent information from the shift
• Signs worker's compensation claims that occur on duty by investigating to determine how the accident occurred and what could have been done to prevent it
• Ensures that all potential and real hazards are communicated and taken care of immediately
• Applies hotel regulations, adhering to existing laws and regulations for safety, security and prevention
• Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and either corrects them or take action to prevent them from happening
• Prepares departmental business plan and budget
• Analyses deviation to budget, and takes action when required
• Attends meetings and training required by the General Manager
• Maintains own working area, materials and company property clean, tidy and in good shape; reports defective materials and equipment to General Manager
• Continuously seeks to endeavour and improve own knowledge of the job function
Knows the following procedures by heart:
• Hotel fire, bomb and emergency procedures
• Hotel health and safety policies and procedures
• Hotel facilities and nearby sights of interest and importance (i.e. hospitals, sights)
• Hotel standards of operation and departmental procedures
• Current licensing relating to hotel
• To be fully trained in Emergency/Fire Procedures.
• Attend departmental communication meetings as directed by the Engineering Coordinator and Engineering Supervisor
• Perform any and all other duties assigned by his Superior
• Set up the Hotel Fire Brigade Team.
• To be ready and responsible when assigned to perform any other duties as designated by higher management.
Level of Education
• Bachelor / Licence
Areas of study
• Hospitality Management
• 1 to 2 years
Essential and optional requirements
• Good interpersonal skills and self-confident
• Guest oriented and service minded, with attention to quality
• Sales oriented
• Good presentation
• A thorough and organised approach
• Physical staying power
• Ability to perform under pressure"
• Power Point
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Safety and Security Operations Coordinator
Green Gulf Careers
Safety and Security Operations Coordinator for a Professional Services