Job description / Role
We're expanding our team within Amazon Operations! If you're interested in joining a business where you can achieve amazing results and put smiles on people's faces, this could be the role for you.
As a Security & Loss Prevention Coordinator (SLP), your duties are to provide security services, investigation and asset protection in designated area of responsibility, assist in mitigating product loss, and maintain customer satisfaction in accordance with EMEA Security and Loss Prevention guidelines and policies. The role is cross-functional and requires deep collaboration and influencing ability with stakeholders from business and corporate functions. SLP coordinator's day-to-day activities involve planning, organizing, coordinating, implementing and executing process and procedures laid down by the organization and the SLP function. Identify the shrink aspects at AMZL delivery network including delivery partners. Identify the potential pilferage opportunities and organized fraud and work closely with the concerned stakeholders to mitigate the causes of losses. Optimum utilization of the resources to ensure and maintain high quality and timely support to Business teams. Conduct risk assessment and process audit for the respective sites and work in accordance with the security policies and guidelines.
This is a varied, complex role and every day is different!
• Perform risk assessments of site & operation model and frame mitigation measures
• Manage physical security of sites through guarding service & monitor optimum functioning of electronic surveillance devices
• Conduct detailed investigations within the policy framework, identify root cause & write report, develop management action plan for process formulation/ compliance/ improvement.
• Drive corrective and preventive process changes that could impact shrink reduction matrix positively.
• Build effective working relationship within team & manage stakeholders to drive closure of optimization trackers/ management action plan.
• Effectively manage security services vendor for SLA adherence and conduct training for guarding force on SLP processes.
• Manage preventative maintenance of physical devices and train staff on emergency response
• Coordinate with Government agencies at site level
• Experience in investigative or loss prevention field, preferably in a retail, e-commerce, Warehouse and manufacturing industry.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Advanced level of computer literacy including proficiency in MS office package
• Basic knowledge of verbal & written English/ vernacular language.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with business tools & understand business metrics
• Demonstrated ability to perform in pressured environment with adherence to timelines
• Experience in the military or law enforcement is preferred, as well as retail or logistics security management experience.
• Strong communication skills & basic knowledge of verbal & written Urdu, Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil & Tagalog language. Industry licensed (e.g. SIRA, SIA etc.)
• Strong business ethics, integrity and discretion
• Strong interpersonal skills & proven experience in managing stakeholders and vendors
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process. If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.