Security Manager / Government Relations Officer
Job description / Role
- Security Manager/Government Relations Officer
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work.
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Direct and administer all Safety and Security operations and functions to include, but not limited to, preserving the safety and security of the guests, team members and the facility, safe work practice promotion, safety programs and training, systems use and management, lost and found, budgeting and forecasting, department management and adherence to local laws.
- Organise patrolling of all boundary areas, offices, storage areas, public areas, and function rooms
- Direct and lead investigations of accidents, thefts, property loss and unlawful activities
- Direct response to emergency situations including, but not limited to, safety hazards, fires, medical emergencies and threats to life and/or property
- Serve as primary liaison with government and law enforcement agencies as necessary
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of security procedures and changes in local law.
- Oversee the administration and accuracy of all required reports and documentation
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve guest issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Conduct & lead close down procedures training for all hotel staff on regular basis.
- Conduct & lead the Evacuation Drills in the hotel & liaise with relative authorities as needed.
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train security team members
- Handle all visas matters for all colleagues as required.
- Maintain a good database and tracking systems.
- Responsible for all hotels' licenses renewal process.
- Maintain a good colleague filing records.
- Maintain good and healthy relations with the authorities.
- Attend all colleagues' requests and in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with the T&C Coordinator in day-to-day government related operations.
Your experience and skills include:
- Firefighting & First Aid Certification
- Good communication skills
- Good ability to lead people
- Good problem solving skills
- Good analytical & critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle pressure.
- Arabic Speaker is a must
Your team and working environment:
A wonderful brand new hotel just 5 minutes away from Dubai Airport & 250 meter from GGICO metro station.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are 280,000 women and men placing people at the heart of what we do, and nurturing real passion for service and achievement Joining Accor means embarking on a unique life journey to imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.