Job description / Role
We are looking to hire a Security Officer for our Jebel Ali Terminal.
Key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other person to the premises and maintain records.
• Monitor and authorize the entrance and departure of loading/offloading vehicles as per storage terminal guidelines and maintain the relevant records.
• Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions and provide information during operation hours.
• Receive, interpret and reply on emails as per operations and security requirements.
• To perform inward and outward vehicle’s weighment record and issue of weighment tickets and gate passes.
• To authorize the inward and outward materials/stock and record the relevant data.
• Monitor and operate CCTV of the designated area and reporting of any unsafe observation.
• Conduct regular patrolling to ensure security and safety of the premises. Responsible for reporting and recording unsafe/unfamiliar observations.
• Basic knowledge of Fire Alarm panel operation e.g. Silent the Alarm panel locates the alarm area and inspect for any adverse situation and reporting for suitable action.
• Basic first-aider and responsible for regular inspection of first-aid kits and maintain its stock.
• Knowledge of basic firefighting techniques.
• Provide the response to any emergency situations if arise e.g. directing the vehicle, directing people towards safe location and conduct the headcount.
• Write report of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons or unusual occurrences.
• Call police or fire department in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
• To read and understand provided documents related to import/export of the materials or stocks.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Minimum higher secondary or above.
• Thorough knowledge of MS-excel, MS-word and MS-Outlook.
• Minimum 5 years' Industrial experience in a similar role.
Safety requirements and other Skills:
• Should abide by Terminal safety standards and PPE requirements.
• Aware about hazard associated with flammable chemicals.
• Able to understand MSDS of chemicals.
• Flexibility and punctuality.
• Proficient in Hindi & English read, write and speak.
• Knowledge of Arabic language would be an added advantage
About the Company
The year 1995 saw the inception of Petrochem Middle East FZE. We have since transformed the face of the regional petrochemical business and become one of the largest independent chemical distributors in the Middle East.
Petrochem has built one of the most modern, state-of-the-art distribution terminals in Jebel Ali. This facility includes bulk Storage Sea fed tanks, dedicated drum storage facilities, four fully automated drumming lines and a separate dry goods storage area. The terminal adheres to the strictest of health and safety norms and is environment friendly, making sure all operations upkeep the health and safety of its personnel.
We began operating from one office in the Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai, but rapid developments and a focused vision have ensured Petrochem’s global expansions. We currently have offices in Dubai, Jebel Ali, Shanghai, Antwerp and London. We also have an office and distribution facilities in Singapore, India and United Arab Emirates.
We are an ISO 9001:2008 company and also have ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 accreditations.