Job description / Role
The Security Officer ensure a safe environment for the colleagues and guests and protect the assets of the hotel.
Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 11 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo - Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room, Vuvuzela and others. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids' Club.
The Security Officer may be deployed at any of the following Duty Posts as enumerated thereafter:
- Security Control Room Duty
- Lobby Duty
- Loading Bay
- Patrolling or Observation Duty
- Back of House
Or at any position where operations in Security field will benefit.
When on duty, the Security Officer shall adopt the "Service Oriented" approach in discharging of its duties in order to functions harmoniously with the concept of the Hotel as a place of hospitality
- To exercise flexibility to maintain a balance between effectiveness and unconstructiveness;
- To promote the "gentlemen" rather the "officer" image for the security service;
- To act for and on behalf of the Hotelkeeper on security matters;
- To protect the safety of guests, staff, their properties and those belonging to the Hotel;
- To act as a host of the hotel by personally welcoming arriving guests and bidding farewell to departing guests
- To greet guests and offer assistance;
- To lead guests whenever possible if they are uncertain of the location within the Hotel premises;
- To inform and sell other hotel facilities to all visitors of the Hotel.
- Protect the hotel guests and keep the peace by
- Monitoring any undesirable elements to ensure that they do not harass, harm or embarrass the hotel guests;
- Take appropriate action to defuse any outbreak of violence or commotion within the Hotel premises;
- Intelligence gathering, from within and without the hotel of the identities and activities (modus operandi) of undesirable elements.
- Surveillance of hotel staff
- Ensuring that they abide by the House Rules;
- Keeping tag on movements of staff who are classified as suspects under investigations.
Physical Aspects of the Position (include but not limited to):
For Operational Roles, frequent standing and walking throughout the shift are expected, as well as occasional kneeling; pushing; pulling; ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps; occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
For Office roles, sitting for extended hours in a row can be harmful and lead to postural problems. Office workers are advised to get up and move regularly to prevent such problems.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Understanding and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Secondary school education
- Security Guard SIRA certificate is required.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.