Job description / Role
Hyde Hotels, Resorts & Residences, part of the world-leading Accor group, is the first Hyde hotel outside of the United States, Hyde Dubai Business Bay, in close proximity to the iconic Burj Khalifa directly fronting the Business Bay canal and promenade.
The 276-rooms, all with balconies, is a mix of gracious standard rooms and luxurious suites with views of the Dubai Canal, the Dubai skyline and the iconic Burj Khalifa - the tallest building in the world.
Hyde Hotel Dubai features three incredible culinary experiences including the Mediterranean concept, Cleo Mediterráneo, contemporary Japanese from Katsuya, hand-crafted burgers from Hudson Tavern. Also on the property is The Perq, a coffee concept, a lobby lounge, and Hyde pool & lounge as well as a spa, male/female salon, fitness center, a swimming pool and retail area. The hotel's public areas, guestrooms and Cleo are designed by Ciarmoli Queda Studio. Katsuya, Hudson Tavern and Hyde pool and lounge are designed by Tristan Plessis Studio.
To ensure a safe environment for the hotel staff and guests and protect the assets of the hotel.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To establish chain of command and responsibility, the LPO shall be held directly responsible to the Shift Duty Security Supervisor, Assistant Operations Manager, Assistant Director and Director of Security.
- Perform duties according to the Duty Roster prepared by the Director of Security or in his absence, the Assistant Director of Security. The Security Officer may be deployed at any of the following Duty Posts as enumerated thereafter:
* Security Control Room Duty;
* Lobby Duty;
* Loading Bay;
* Patrolling or Observation Duty;
* Back of House;
* VIP Parking;
* Or at any position where operations in Security field will benefit.
- When on duty, the LPO shall adopt the "Service Oriented" approach in discharging of its duties in order to functions harmoniously with the concept of the Hotel as a place of hospitality
* To exercise flexibility to maintain a balance between effectiveness and unobstructiveness;
* To promote the "gentlemen" rather the "officer" image for the security service;
* To act for and on behalf of the Hotelkeeper on security matters;
* To protect the safety of guests, staff, their properties and those belonging to the Hotel;
* Assisting other Department in rendering services to the customers so as to maintain or enhance the services provided other than his primary security duties;
* To act as a host of the hotel by personally welcoming arriving guests and bidding farewell to departing guests;
* To greet guests and offer assistance;
* To lead guests whenever possible if they are uncertain of the location within the Hotel premises;
* To inform and sell other hotel facilities to all visitors of the Hotel.
- Protect the hotel guests and keep the peace by
* Monitoring any undesirable elements to ensure that they do not harass, harm or embarrass the hotel guests;
* Take appropriate action to defuse any outbreak of violence or commotion within the Hotel premises;
* Intelligence gathering, from within and without the hotel of the identities and activities (modus operandi) of undesirable elements.
- Surveillance of hotel staff
* Ensuring that they abide by the House Rules;
* Keeping tag on movements of staff who are classified as suspects under investigations.
- Cultivation of Informers with the intention of obtaining information of security interest that may be of immediate or future use to the Department for prevention and detection purposes.
- Keeping peace and order within the premises of the Hotel in dealing with criminals, trespassers or difficult characters.
- Participating in special functions or operations conducted or organized by the Hotel for VVIPS, shows, etc., and private organization or individual having official business connected with the Hotel.
- Keeping the Duty Shift Security Supervisor, Assistant Operations Manager, Assistant Director and Director of Security constantly posted on all matters of security interest affecting the Hotel and the Department.
- Conduction regular and periodical checks and taking immediate follow-up action to rectify faults, damage, etc., detailed in the following:
* "Perimeter defence" - All fire exit doors, link doors, etc., leading INTO or OUT of the Hotel and which are fitted with locking devices or alarm systems to ensure that they are in good working condition as an effective measure against trespassers and pilferage;
* Security CCTV equipment - Inspecting the CCTV Operations Room to ensure that all equipment is in working order and all cameras are correctly focused.
- Attending the briefing session that shall take place thirty (30) minutes before the commencement of each shift.
- Attending approval courses conducted by the Hotel Training Department.
- Attending meeting and in-service training conducted by the Department. Attendance shall be compulsory except those on official duty.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Understanding and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Minimum 2 - 3 years experience in a similar role is desirable in a 5 star hotel.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo!
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.