Job description / Role
Over the past 100 years, IBMers all over the globe have helped make the world work better and smarter. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things: Changing how we create, collaborate, analyze and engage. From transforming healthcare to improving the retail shopping experience - it's what IBMers do. In Africa, we've been changing the way the continent does business for more than 50 years, and as our company continues to grow, we're looking for talented professionals to join us in this new era.
Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers, and make an impact.
As a Secruity Portfolio Sales Representative, you will lead all sales activities in the Region and act as the focal point to the client for the sales of IBM Security Services. The position will entail managing key relationships, understanding the client's organization and culture, and developing strategic plans to address both IT and Line-of-Business organizations. This Individual will leverage subject matter experts, executives, and thought-leaders as needed to provide value to the client. This role will build relationships with senior client executives while earning a reputation as a trusted business adviser.
- Work with the existing IBM Security Services Sales Team to identify, qualify and close new business sales opportunities by demonstrating a consultative sales approach
- Exceed the sales plan and business objectives by successfully selling IBM Security services into the region
- Actively lead the resolution of customer issues to ensure their satisfaction and a successful outcome to the sale
- Engage technical resources, as appropriate, to ensure the company overcomes any technical objections in the sales cycle
- Develop trusted relationships at a senior management level in enterprise accounts and develop and maintain their confidence
- Develop and maintain relationships internally (including throughout the IBM sales force) and ensure a high level of teamwork and collaboration with support staff and other functions within the company
- Coordinate and deliver timely, accurate and quality information, as required to meet sales goals
- Ability to work in Team as well as alone
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3 years of experience as Security Software Seller or Business Development Manager
- Good knowledge of general security technologies and offerings
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 5 years of Security Software Sales experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Master's Degree Commissionable: Yes
Key Job Details
- Country: AE
- State: DUBAI
- City: DUBAI
- Category: Sales
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type: Professional
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Contract Type: Regular
- Location: DUBAI, DUBAI AE
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.