Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
The purpose of the role is to provide support to the Transport Finance team to deliver added value financial information and ensure strict adherence to the correct Accounting standards, Practices and processes of the business.
- Prepare schedules to support General Ledger accounts.
- Proactively resolve discrepancies, clear open and recurring issues by investigating, scrutinising book of accounts and preparing needed correcting journals.
- Thoroughly review prepayment release journals for Transport contracts to ensure costs are expensed in the correct accounting period.
- Scrutinise and Review the P&L monthly and ensure accuracy of accruals and prepayments.
- Review, analyse, and approve Balance Sheet Reconciliations in Cadency for the Transport Sector ensuring accuracy, completeness, and compliance with IFRS and Serco Accounting policy.
- Keeping track of and regularly updating of Aged debtors report for Transport. This report is a key interest to Senior Management, hence to be prepared with accuracy and timeliness.
- Analyse and clear out System-generated reports on a timely basis which includes Open PO report, Retro PO report, GRIR report (No GRN and No Invoice), workflow rejection report and cockpit Queries.
- Respond and resolve subcontractor or vendor payment and invoices-related issues.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Delivers Customer Service
- Sees those they interact with as customers and seeks to identify and meet needs, taking swift action to resolve issues with integrity. Always alert to the customer's point of view and demonstrates a sense of urgency.
- Communicates Effectively
- Clearly and concisely conveys information and ideas that engage others.
- Gains Others' Trust
Interacts with others in a supportive way and in accordance with our Values
- Assumes Responsibility
- Effectively manages their time, resources and relationships to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or commensurate experience
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Ability to liaise in a professional manner with staff at all levels in the organisation and with external parties.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to understand complex systems and possess good IT skills.
- A mature, proactive and detail oriented individual.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Experience with SAP or similar system and knowledge of billing processes preferable.
Working with Serco:
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.