Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The purpose of the Senior Accountant role is to manage and assess client's financial deliverable and commercial activities within a contract/business unit and to provide support to the Finance Manager in managing the functions of the contract/business unit in both SAP and Yardi systems and other systems that maybe used.
- Manage the billing and collection of rent and service charge demands and other adhoc transactions for invoicing (deposit, valet parking, lease termination fees, fit out review fees, etc.) in Yardi.
- Provide Invoice calculation to tenants on an adhoc basis.
- Prepare and calculate monthly invoices to Landlord for the share in Property Service Charge, with detailed supporting such as draft monthly service charge reconciliation, payment certificate & cumulative payment summary.
- Update Accounts Receivable Aging Report on a weekly basis.
- Generates reminder letter to Tenants as per the escalation process.
- Review and upload of Lease abstract to Yardi for new tenants.
- Review and reconcile lease ledger upon tenant's lease expiry or early pre-termination.
- Monitor and creating of receipts for any collections received online (Service charge, rent, reservation & security deposit).
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation reports and monthly cash flow statements for Rent, Deposit and Service Charge accounts.
- Detailed review of project reimbursable invoices, payroll etc. for transaction posting in Yardi and Payment processing and provide details on rent collections to client's Finance team.
- Prepare monthly expenses accruals for the Property/facility
- Generate monthly revenue, cash flow, deferred income and accrued income report for Client's submission.
- Assist in preparing the Monthly Operating Expenses Report ensuring that expenses are properly allocated to respective assets.
- Assist in preparing a detailed financial report for client reporting.
- Upload of monthly journals, accruals, accounts payable transactions, payments to Yardi system.
- Prepare and review of accrual summary for submission to Client's Finance Team.
- Prepare Monthly Financial Report as part of the Monthly Operations Report submitted to Client (KPI Requirement).
- Preparation of Landlord's Income Statement (Revenue on Commercial Leases vs. Service Charge Expenditure); Prepare narratives for monthly results of operations (KPI Requirement).
- Monthly Bank Reconciliation Report as part of the Monthly Operations Report submitted to Client (KPI Requirement).
- Submission of monthly revenue workbook to ASP - office rent, car park rent, and other income (Valet & Paid Parking) with reconciliation of Yardi reports.
- Coordination with Client's Finance team on Budget Assumptions, Leasing Occupancy Levels.
- Consolidation of Annual Service Charge Budget.
- Review of Consolidated Service Charge Budget (multiple versions).
- Assist in providing financial input on Operations Team Budget review as per Client's request.
- Print budget packs for signature of client.
Year End Audit
- Prepare property service charge reconciliation report listing all expenses per GL code posted under the service charge period.
- Prepare external audit schedules.
- Review of Service Charge Audit File, discuss any auditor queries, review the AUP report, review of service charge reconciliation numbers.
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Customer Service - See those they interact with as customer and seeks to identify and meet needs, taking swift action to resolve issues with integrity.
- Supports Innovation and Continuous Improvement - Actively supports team members who initiate change or take risks and seeks ways to increase the delivery of services, being mindful of key financial indicators.
- Delivers Against Team Objectives - Sets clear team objectives and establishes courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed on time.
- Engaging Communication - Engages and influences others by using a wide range of communication methods and styles. Facilitates understanding and encourages communication both within own team and more broadly.
- Builds Collaborative Relationships - Establishes effective relationship with a wide range of stakeholders inside and outside their immediate working environment, valuing the contributions from others and leveraging networks across the whole of Serco.
- Delegates Responsibility - Effectively and appropriately allocates responsibility to others to maximise the organization's and individual's effectiveness.
- Coaching and Developing Others - Sets clear objectives and regularly provides feedback, instruction and developmental guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities.
- Resilience - Stays focused and composed when under pressure to deliver, dealing constructively with setbacks and staying on course even when facing resistance or pressure to change.
- Lives Serco values - Trust, Care, Innovation and Innovation
Essential technical and professional skills
- How many years of experience do you have in management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis, auditing.
- Must have experience in Property Management Finance.
- Must have experience in finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- Must have experience of financial and accounting software applications.
- Must have Bachelor's degree in Accountancy or equivalent discipline.
- Excellent and proficient in SAP and Yardi systems
- Ability to work on complex systems and including proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point applications and ability to learn new software based applications.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.