Job description / Role
Our client, a leading company in Al Ain, is currently looking for a Senior Accountant. For this role, the job holder will report to the Finance & Procurement Manager and be responsible for supporting accounting, financial and procurement aspects. You will lead and manage Finance & Commercial staff. Furthermore, you will provide support to the Finance and Procurement Manager in terms of employees and financial management of the Department, including budget forecasting, profit and loss. Other responsibilities include:
• Assist the GM and Finance Manager in the management and coordination of all accounting and financial operations, maintaining the system in accordance with international accounting, financial reporting standards and Company’s policies and procedures
• Responsible for the leadership of monthly financial close of the company by establishing closing schedule and ensuring team tasks are completed within the timeframe with accuracy.
• Ensure following the authority delegation matrix for all transaction.
• Supervision of stock reconciliation and other allied activities, fixed assets register and fixed assets acquisition, movements and disposal procedure.
• Supervises coding, verification of expenditures, payment approval, and posting vouchers.
• Support budgeting, accounting, management information reporting, banking and working capital management.
• Liaise with Legal team in the preparation and execution of contracts and with operational staff to provide procurement-related budgetary and cash flow data during compilation of project budgets and annual business plan.
• Develop close working relationships with appointed consultants’ and contractors’ accounts and finance management to ensure the required level of service and support.
• Liaise with banks and ensure that all account related terms and conditions are adhered to and complied with at all times.
• Be familiar with Project Agreements, Schedules, Operating Agreement, Consultant Agreements, etc.
• Provide guidance on expense vs. capital decisions. Monitor actual costs vs. budgets and establish an early warning system to highlight areas which need management attention.
• Supervision of Payroll Cycle, ensure the payroll process on time and payroll accounting is completed within specified timeframe as per established policies and procedures.
• Monitor, analyze and report on the performance of the Company in terms of KPIs, analytical calculations, variance analysis etc.
• Responsible for the Finance and Procurement deliverables including following the policies, procedures and systems that support a professional and ethical conduct and ensure compliance with Parents Companies policies and procedures.
• Leads process improvements to streamline monthly close and reporting process.
• Development and maintenance of Accounting and Commercial Manual.
• Preparation of periodical financial and other reports to the management.
• Participate in supplier evaluation ad performance review, representing Finance Dept.
• Maintain frequent contacts with GM, Management, Clients, Customer and Banks.
• Interface with External Auditors.
• Advice GM and Finance Manager of any training needs for team members.
• Responsible for training and mentoring the Accountant on all work-related aspects.
• Deputize the Head of Finance and Procurement during absences and provide the required support ensuring smooth operational deliverables.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Degree in Accounting/Finance
• at least 4 years of experience in Accounting, Finance and Procurement functions
• Well-versed with MS Office applications, especially Excel Application
• Experience in budget forecasting, project accounting and/or feasibility
• Preferred certification: CPA, CMA, CFA, ACCA (not a MUST)
• Fluent in Arabic and English
• Due to the specific requirement of this role, only Emirati nationals will be considered
• Willing to work in Al Ain
Disclaimer: Black Pearl will never ask for money or any form to charge our candidates just to process or consider their application for any of our available vacancies. If you happen to receive such request from any members of our staff or other individuals claiming to be part of Black Pearl, please do call us or drop us a message.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
A Government Entity in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah
|Ras Al Khaimah||13 Dec|
Dubai Parks and Resorts