Job description / Role
Qualified Accountant, Abu Dhabi based
Procedures and Compliance
• Ensuring adherence to US GAAP & SOX compliance.
• Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations updated and maintained.
• Reviewing and posting of Assistant Accountant Journals.
• Assisting with monthly Intercompany AR & AP & Accrual confirmations.
• Ensuring all jobs are recognised in line with corporate accounting policies
• Ensuring all revenue for the month is fully reconciled in a timely manner (as per the finance closing schedule) with all related costs linked to each job and presented as part of month end close to the Finance Manager.
• Ensuring all Work in Process for the month is fully reconciled in a timely manner (as per the finance closing schedule)
• Calculating Cost Accruals for internal costs not received and Accruals for where Total Job costs are above Purchase Orders.
• Calculating Accurate Selling Values of individual Field Jobs, based on the correct Contractual Rates and raising the appropriate Invoice based on the Terms of the Purchase Order.
• Ensuring accurate Internal Project Invoicing based upon the correct Transfer Price.
• Ensuring that the correct VAT & relevant Withholding Tax amounts are booked accordingly.
• Ensuring Financial Bookings are accurate and complete and adhere to the Control Manual.
• Communication with global BUs
• Liaising with other Entities to ensure correct intercompany revenues, costs and accruals are booked between entities.
• Communicating with Sales Engineers, where Purchase Order Values need uplifting.
• Active communication with Field Services Operations & Management.
• Supporting the rest of the UK Finance Ledgers & Controls Team and covering roles where necessary.
Skills and Qualifications
• Qualified from Professional Accounting bodies (ACCA, CPA, CMA, CIMA) or equivalent
• Experience of working with an ERP accounting system. (Oracle is a plus)
• Sales and purchase ledger input experience.
• Excellent in MS-Office (specifically Excel)
• Proven experience in manufacturing and engineering finance departments.
• Strong book-keeping experience with a keen understanding of cost accounting
• Experience of working in a commercial setting
• Sufficient knowledge of US GAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
• Good communication skills, both written and oral
• Good organisational skills and ability to manage several tasks simultaneously
• Capable of working to strict reporting deadlines.
• Able to work as part of a team, but also being highly self motivated
• Fluent in English (written and spoken).
• Candidates who have work experience in UK/Europe will be preferred.
• Candidates must currently be in the UAE and have work experience within the Middle East.
• Written and spoken English and ability to communicate with senior management in local and overseas branches must be excellent.
• Please do not apply unless you meet the qualification and experience criteria below.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Company
BAC Middle East - the longest established professional recruitment consultancy in the UAE. Established in 1979, we have been at the forefront of the region's recruitment industry for 40 years and were the first firm of our type in the world to achieve ISO9001 certification: a reflection of our constant emphasis on quality and customer satisfaction.
With our well-developed infrastructure and staff strength, we are able to assist you with recruitment needs ranging from junior professionals through to middle and senior management, whatever your industry sector.
BAC's proven regional experience and resources can help ensure that you recruit the best available candidates and enjoy the many advantages of a managed recruitment process.
TGC Middle East
Emirates Refreshments Company
An Educational Investment Group that Owns and Runs Schools in the UAE
Financial Planning Accountant