Job description / Role
Senior Accountant with experience in UK/Europe, or supporting UK/European teams currently
• Able to work as part of a team, but also being highly self motivated
• Fluent in English (written and spoken).
• Commercial invoicing and related inputs
• Calculating Accurate Selling Values of individual Field Jobs, based on the correct Contractual Rates and raising the appropriate Invoice based on the Terms of the Purchase Order.
• Ensuring accurate Internal Project Invoicing based upon the correct Transfer Price.
• Ensuring that the correct VAT & relevant Withholding Tax amounts are booked accordingly.
• Ensuring Financial Bookings are accurate and complete and adhere to the Control Manual.
• Departmental procedures and compliance
• Ensuring adherence to US GAAP & SOX compliance.
• Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations updated and maintained.
• Reviewing and posting of Assistant Accountant Journals.
• Assisting with monthly Intercompany AR & AP & Accrual confirmations.
• Business partnering with other BUs
• Liaising with other Entities to ensure correct intercompany revenues, costs and accruals are booked between entities.
• Communicating with Sales Engineers, where Purchase Order Values need uplifting.
• Active communication with Field Services Operations & Management.
• Supporting the rest of the UK Finance Ledgers & Controls Team and covering roles where necessary.
• Analyzing accounting detail in order to prepare journal entries and record expenses, sales and cost of sales.
• Preparing accounts payable vouchers and ensuring time card input accuracy.
• Coordinate and process fixed asset transactions.
• Prepare invoices for completed projects according to the terms identified in purchase orders, contracts and change orders.
• Analyze balance sheet accounts to ensure accuracy and reasonability.
• Assist in month-end and year end closing.
• Draft or contribute significant portions of financial statements or documents for inclusion in end product reports
AED 18,000 to 22,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: allowance for school fees for child schooling in UAE
We are looking for someone that has experience of working in UK/Europe. This role will work a lot with UK/European teams and therefore someone who has worked in UK/Europe before, or works closely with Europe is required.
As a Senior Accountant, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
• Qualified from Professional Accounting bodies (ACCA, CPA, CMA, CIMA) or equivalent
• Experience of working with an ERP accounting system. (Oracle is a plus)
• Sales and purchase ledger input experience.
• Excellent in MS-Office (specifically Excel)
• Proven experience in manufacturing and engineering finance departments.
• Strong book-keeping experience with a keen understanding of cost accounting
• Experience of working in a commercial setting
• Sufficient knowledge of US GAAP, SOX and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
• Good communication skills, both written and oral
• Good organisational skills and ability to multitask
• Capable of working to strict reporting deadlines
About the Company
BAC Middle East - the longest established professional recruitment consultancy in the UAE. Established in 1979, we have been at the forefront of the region's recruitment industry for 40 years and were the first firm of our type in the world to achieve ISO9001 certification: a reflection of our constant emphasis on quality and customer satisfaction.
With our well-developed infrastructure and staff strength, we are able to assist you with recruitment needs ranging from junior professionals through to middle and senior management, whatever your industry sector.
BAC's proven regional experience and resources can help ensure that you recruit the best available candidates and enjoy the many advantages of a managed recruitment process.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Accountant (Chartered Accountant)
|Abu Dhabi||6 Aug|
Alpha Projects & Logistics DMCC
Sun Global DMCC