Job description / Role
Posts financial transactions and reconciles accounts to ensure the accuracy of financial data and compliance to all internal/regulatory protocols. Prepares Accounting/Financial reports by analysing related Accounting data. Reports to the Manager, Accounts.
Transaction Processing and Procedural Compliance
• Processes ledger and booking entries according to stated Accounting procedures so that all transactions. Identifies routine errors and anomalies so that all transactions are recorded in a timely and accurate manner
• Calculates posts and verifies entries to obtain and record financial data to be used in maintaining Accounting and statistical records for Kurdistan Operations.
• Performs accounts receivable/payable activities in accordance with organisations Accounting principles to ensure accurate documentation and internal reporting of all accounts receivable/payable within the company.
• Ensures that all transactions and reports are processed according to internal procedures and guidelines so that the company fulfils all legislative reporting requirements.
• Accounting and Financial Reports
• Creates reports from statistical and financial information according to stated schedules so that all required information is available for review and verification.
• Prepares summaries of the company’s on-going projects by gathering relevant data and documents such as balance sheets, profit and loss statements (e.g., report of company's bank accounts together with a summary of the main items of income and expenditure).
• Examines and analyses Accounting/Financial statements to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance of the company’s accounting procedural standards.
• General Ledger
• Analyses ledgers and accounts to allow the reconciliation of financial data according to stated schedules so that the company remains aware of its financial position on an on-going basis and statutory reports can be produced within legislative time limits.
• Provides monthly bank reconciliations and journalisations of cash book to general ledger.
• Must have bachelor’s degree in accounting and Professional Accounting qualification
• Must have strong knowledge of MS-Excel & SAP
• Qualified Accountant with 10 years’ experience or more, preferably in core accounting.
• Should have worked in a supervisory role managing a team of 2-5 people
• In-depth tax knowledge at the local and federal levels
• Advanced skills in MS Office applications
• Ability to communicate well in English
• Added advantage to have experience in Oil & Gas and master’s in Accounting / CA / ACCA, but not mandatory
About the Company
We specialise in matching exceptional support staff to top businesses and private individuals.
We recruit for a range of positions around the world, including personal assistants, executive assistants, administrative assistants and many more.
Our expert consultants only work with high-calibre individuals who offer outstanding business and private support. This is what makes us one of the market-leading permanent and temp recruitment agencies in London.
Alpha Projects & Logistics DMCC
Accountant (Chartered Accountant)
Sun Global DMCC
TGC Middle East