Job description / Role
Job Designation Purpose
• To perform General Accounting work in the Accountancy Section to ensure that all tasks are completed within prescribed timescales.
• To assist and contribute to the preparation of the annual Financials statements and capital budgets alongside the Financial Director and Assistant Finance Controller, monitoring of financial performance and completion various reporting.
• Handles the day-to-day accounting such as Sales, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Fixed Assets, MIS reporting.
• Handles the Receivables reconciliations, receipts and posting on a daily/monthly basis.
• Review and records accurately supplier’s invoices, credit memos and suppliers’ payment transactions.
• Handles and verifies petty cash, replenishment of expenses and posting in ERP
• Performs daily/monthly reconciliations of various Banks statements
• Pass standard Journal entries for account reconciliations, provisions, accruals and prepayments.
• Preparation & posting of accounting and payments vouchers, processing suppliers’ bills of payment, along with Supplier statements and reconciliation.
• Conduct month-end / annual hard closing of the books and monthly general ledger reconciliations
• Assist in the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, financial reports and Budget reports, in accordance with the Company’s accounting principles & procedures, Accounting internal controls, (GAAP) and IFRS.
• Assist in the monitoring of Suppliers/Vendors due dates/payment terms, Insurance Provider, etc.
• Assist in the preparation of necessary supporting schedules/summary for VAT and Corporate Tax filing returns
• Ensure proper documentation and recording of Company’s Fixed Assets, and FA registers control and monitoring.
• Ensure all records maintained by the accounts department, meet international and external accounting standards and auditor / government relevant requirements (Proper organization and record keeping).
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with external auditors, regulators, and external parties such as restaurant suppliers and relevant parties.
• Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting / Chartered Accountant
• Experience: Minimum 5 years in UAE
• Experience in Handling core day-to-day accounting of Sales, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Fixed Assets, MIS reporting.
• Experience with financial statement preparation (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow)
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles & procedures (GAAP), IFRS and Accounting Internal controls.
• Experience in Receivable reconciliations and Bank reconciliations.
• Experience in Petty Cash, expenses, supplier’s payments & reconciliations.
• Experience in Fixed Assets administration, control and monitoring.
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end closing process.
• Experience in preparing and review of partnership, corporate, UAE government regulations and UAE-related tax filings (e.g. Vat, Municipality tax, Corporate tax,).
• Assists in the preparation and processing of Company’s payroll as per UAE Labour laws and regulations.
• Experience with various accounting software administration
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
• Excellent skills in Microsoft products e.g. advance excel, word, etc.
• Detail oriented and ensure accuracy and integrity of all financial transactions.
• Strong commercial acumen and should be able to solve problems professionally.
• Highly organize and with efficient documentation skills
Experience in the food industry in the Philippines
CPA qualification is a must
About the Company
WFC Holding was born out of a market need for specialist shared services support functions in the UAE.
WFC Holding has rapidly expanded its service offering, capability, and client base to become an integrated business process outsourcing company.
Middle East Executive