Job description / Role
Our client, a global leader in the distribution of raw materials is looking for a Senior Accountant to join their team in Dubai.
• Ensure that business transactions in the ERP Oracle Financials are reported in accordance with IFRS.
• Working closely with the Chief Accountant to assist with the month-end close and reporting in SAP.
• Assist with the annual audit process, including the drafting of the financial statements and related notes.
• Manage and control the payables/receivables process end-to-end (expenses & supplier invoices).
• Liaise with financing banks, assess trade profitability, actively participate, and control the bank-related reconciliations and transactions.
• Assist and be actively involved in developing a monthly dashboard and KPIs for the MENA region.
• Actively participate in yearly budgets and monthly forecast reporting with the Chief Accountant.
• Responsible for tax filings.
• Preparing intercompany recharges.
• Managing and preparing various balance schedules (prepayments, advances, deferred payments, provisions etc.)
• Preparation of ad-hoc requests from management
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics or equivalent experience
• CMA/CPA/CIMA/ACCA preferred
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
• 5 years work experience in an MNC environment
About the Company
Inspire Selection is an award winning recruitment agency, headquartered in Dubai which recruits across the Middle East region. We employ highly knowledgeable, professional consultants who are experts in connecting the right people with the right opportunities. Our reputation has been built upon our honesty, integrity and our ability to source candidates of the highest calibre right across our specialist sectors. As a result, we are recruitment partners to a wide spectrum of organisations - from leading blue chip companies to smaller, local businesses. Sectors we cover include HR, Administration, Finance & Accounting, Legal, Sales & Marketing including Digital Marketing, IT, Oil/Gas/Energy, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Higher Education.
Middle East Executive
|Abu Dhabi||20 Jan|