Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
Our client, an international law firm, is wishing to recruit a senior accountant from the professional services sector for a newly created role. Must have worked in partnerships for a top-tier law firm or consulting firm.
- Preparation of monthly payroll file, including updates for new joiners, departures, salary changes, bonuses, etc.
- Coordinate review of payroll file with designated Firm professional.
- Preparation of annual budget files and mid-year forecast of budgeted expenses for Abu Dhabi, when needed.
- Preparation of select annual surveys and governmental reports.
- Coordination with external auditors and local tax service providers, when necessary.
- Prepare and upload select journal entries related to payroll, VAT, etc. and coordinate posting with designated Firm Accounting team members.
- Preparation and filing of the quarterly VAT return.
- Corporate credit card processing & management.
- Assist when necessary with Accounts Payable and expense report review and inquiries.
- Provide support for other operational accounting activities across European offices, as needed
- Other ad hoc requests, as needed.
We are seeking to secure this person with a late Feb, or early March start date.
Salary: up to 28,000 AED
- Strong educational background. Undergraduate or Graduate degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on client service.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Arabic language skills considered a plus.
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Conducts self in a positive, professional manner.
- Willing to learn from multiple sources; able to apply gained skills across various responsibilities.
- Possess a sense of urgency and willingness to build effective working relationships with key members of the Firm.
- Proactive individual who uses common sense and a fact-based approach to address issues and communicate solutions.
Other Personal Characteristics:
- Friendly, positive communicator capable of conversing at all levels.
- Capable of learning organizational and prioritization skills to assist in executing multiple tasks.
- Takes ownership and responsibility to complete assignments within the prescribed schedule.
- Team player who shares credit for accomplishments with others and keeps the Firm’s best interests foremost.
About the Company
MENA Recruit came to fruition in response to a growing need for international legal talent in London and Dubai. Its initial focus began in the Legal sector, evolving as a service provider for other sectors such as Administration, Marketing, Business Development, HR, IT, Finance and C-Suite positions.
Over the last two decades, with roots firmly planted in the Middle East and operations expanding into the APAC region, MENA Recruit has gained intuitive industry knowledge and expertise. With its unique, people-focused approach, the firm has yielded competitive advantage for its clients and rewarding careers for the professionals it has supported throughout the years.
The company is dedicated to delivering the highest quality of talent and service to its clients while working tenaciously towards helping them achieve higher retention rates. For this reason, MENA Recruit is considered by both candidates and clients as a consultant in the truest sense of the word, offering guidance to both people and organizations on how to adapt to the constant change in market conditions and how to anticipate present and future challenges.
Presently, MENA Recruit provides services to organizations and professionals in the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, and the United Kingdom.
With such an extensive global reach, strong brand value, decades of expertise, and an innovative approach towards business challenges, it’s clear why MENA Recruit is the partner of choice for both in-house recruiters and candidates internationally.