Job description / Role
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Perform all related accounting functions required to maintain the general ledger in compliance with IFRS and company policy and procedures.
- Maintain accounting/corporate records by designing a filing and retrieval system ensuring past and current records are available as needed and attach documents within the financial system as system allows.
- Reconcile all bank accounts.
- Supervise accounting operations, review and reconcile journal entries, transactions, and financial activities, monitor and review accounting documents for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with regulations, funding agency standards, and country policies and control practices.
- Assure journal entry information is complete and accurate and verify accuracy of supporting documentation.
- Reconcile technical and financial transactions, review and investigate financial and accounting records, assure fund integrity, and resolve issues according to policies.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Evaluate workflow processes and procedures to develop, recommend and implement procedural and system changes to increase accuracy and efficiencies.
- Coordinate month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities to ensure timely reporting as well as assist with yearly public audits.
- Create, plan and prepare financial reports and other ad hoc reporting as requested by line manager.
- Coordinates annual administrative budget process; prepares monthly actual vs. budget analysis.
- Maintains cost accounting system to allocate and report administrative expenses by the line of business.
- Responsible for researching, registering and compliance for all local and international tax and legal requirements.
- Research tax requirements and compile vat/wht using tax information and prepare tax returns if necessary.
- Assist auditors as required for the preparation of financial analyses and reports.
- Analyze financial data and generate monthly trend reports, Profit loss, and balance sheet reconciliations ensuring financial statement accuracy.
- Oversee fixed asset tracking and reconciliations including monthly depreciation.
- 8+ years' experience, preferably companies in Entertainment/Media, and/or Advertising industries.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or higher education equivalent.
- Local and regional compliance knowledge.
- Experience with major ERP system required (Oracle, Oracle Fusion).
- Advanced Excel skills and comfort with large data volume.
- Able to work under time pressure, prioritize a high workload, and meet strict deadlines.
- Positive attitude and flexible to changing priorities, especially in the period of month/quarter/year-end closing.
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Negotiation and conflict management skills.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of responses we receive we are unable to provide feedback to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 5-7 days, please assume that at this stage your application has been unsuccessful.
About the Company
MBC GROUP is the largest media company in the Middle East & North Africa region that enriches people’s lives through information, interaction and entertainment. In 2002, nearly a decade after the launch of MBC1 in London, in 1991, MBC GROUP moved its headquarters to Dubai Media City, United Arab Emirates.
Today, MBC GROUP includes over 17 leading TV channels: MBC1 (general family entertainment); MBC2 & MBC MAX (24-hour western movies); MBC3 (children’s edutainment with a mix of both local productions and western acquisitions); MBC4 (entertainment for young families with a female-focus); MBC ACTION (an indigenous adrenaline-packed channel targeting young males with local and homegrown productions); MBC VARIETY (Western films and general entertainment with uninterrupted broadcasting); MBC DRAMA (24/7 Arabic drama) & MBC+ DRAMA (a joint pay-TV channel between MBC and OSN); MBC PERSIA (general family entertainment dubbed and subtitled in Farsi); WANASAH (24-hour Arabic music channel); MBC MASR & MBC MASR2 (general family entertainment geared towards the Egyptian family); MBC BOLLYWOOD (delivering the freshest in Bollywood content geared towards the region via an Arabized interface); MBC USA (on “Dish Network” in the US); MBC IRAQ (a premium channel aimed at the entire Iraqi family), MBC5 (new satellite channel dedicated to the Maghreb); all of them benefit from MBC STUDIOS which produces the region’s most compelling premium content for cinema, television and on-demand platforms. MBC GROUP also includes two FM radio stations: MBC FM (Gulf music) and Panorama FM (contemporary Arabic hit music).
Furthermore, part of MBC GROUP is Shahid and its premium subscription-based service Shahid VIP, the world’s leading Arabic streaming platform, home to highly rated original productions from the Arab world, a wide range of exclusive movies and premieres, as well as the top watched live Arab TV channels.