Job description / Role
Provides financial information to management by researching and analysing accounting data; preparing reports. Responsible to verify and process invoices for accounting. Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable. Provide Technical support and advice on Management Accounts.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
• Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
• Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
• Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
• Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
• Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
• Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
• Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
• Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
• Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
• Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
• Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
• Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
• Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
• Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions form lock box and local deposits.
• Updates receivables by totalling unpaid invoices.
• Maintains records by microfilming invoices, debits, and credits.
• Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, COMPETENCIES:
Bachelor of Science in Accountancy
C.A / ACCA Affiliate / or equivalent certification
Years of Experience:
5 - 8 Years
Job specific skills:
Financial Reporting, Accounts Receivable and Payable Management, Financial Analysis, MIS
Key competencies: Accuracy, Meeting deadlines, Teamwork, Professional Integrity, familiar with VAT Implementations
About the Company
Mohamed Hareb Al Otaiba was established in 1946 giving it the proud distinction of being one of the oldest diversified business groups in the UAE and the Middle East. At a time when oil was not yet discovered and trading was still the lifeline of the region’s economy, it was the vision of Mohamed Hareb Al Otaiba that saw the birth of one of the first business houses.
Mohamed Hareb Al Otaiba is essentially a trading organization involved in franchises and distribution of various brands and for different product categories. For highly discerning clients whose hallmark is exclusivity, we are proud to introduce ourselves as the official agents, business partners and product dealers of premium brands. At MHAO conducting business with the highest degree of ethical integrity is the job of every employee.
General Ledger Accountant
National Marine Dredging Company
Senior Accountant - Treasury
Green Gulf Careers