Senior Accountant - Reporting
Job description / Role
INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you'll be doing
- Preparing and arranging all pre-closure meetings with relevant finance teams followed by documented minutes.
- Provide a comprehensive financial and accounting advice to all stakeholders.
- Ensure all accounting treatments are in accordance with the IFRS. All deviations are discussed and agreed with the management.
- Ensure the TB is released to finance teams within 2 working days.
- Ensure all queries on TBs are responded within one working day.
- Ensure there are no errors in any of the trial balances (TBs) under your responsibility.
- Maintain up to date and accurate status of all BS schedules. All BS schedules must be prepared by 15 th calendar date of the following month.
- Review TB monthly and ensure all Balance Sheet (BS) schedules are complete and accurate.
- Ensure there are no long pending technical issues in the assigned entities. All such issues must be identified, discussed, and resolved timely within a month.
- Coordinate internally to resolve any matters affecting financial reporting of the entity.
- Ensure all IT related issues have been logged and escalated wherever necessary.
- Prepare and sign off monthly reporting checklists before releasing the results.
- Ensure all recharges for WearThat business are done to MCT.
- Ensure all relevant CSA requirements are met, adequately supported and submitted timely.
- Ensure audits are finalised/closed/signed of latest by 28 Feb.
- Ensure and align there are no topics in the Management Letter or any avoidable uncorrected misstatements in the representation letter.
- Ensure Allied separate and consolidated FS are prepared by 20 th January.
- Ensure Allied consolidated FS are also signed by 28 th Feb.
- Participate, supervise and coordinate preparation of external audit documentation and external stakeholders reporting
C- Servant Leadership:
- Manage, engage and guide the team
- Perform appraisals and assessment of own team members
- Ensure team members are provided required training and support to ensure we meet Group objectives.
- Responsible for coaching and training own team members, and formalise and follow up on each team member's Individual Development Plan, in coordination with the employee and HR
- Ensure identification and proper development and recognition of Talents within the team
What you'll need to succeed
- Chartered Accountant, ACCA or Equivalent.
- Audit experience with Big 4 for at least 2 years and/or 3 years of business experience in financial group reporting
- Proficiency in English and Arabic is a plus
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.