This position is closed or expired.
See other Senior Accountant jobs in UAE
This is an exciting opportunity for Qualified Accountants to work with one of the biggest oil and gas companies supporting their operations in Iraq. Reporting to the Head of Corporate Insurance and Tax, Senior Accountant will be responsible for
• Working closely with the Accounts Payable Section to verify the invoices from vendors with respect to the applicability withholding tax/retention requirements according to the Tax Laws and regulations of Iraq.
• Processing tax related vouchers in the Accounting System and keep track of the Tax Deducted/retained from vendors invoices and respond to the queries by the vendors
• Compiling and preparing required information for filing various Tax Statements and annual Income Tax Return of the company in the Republic of Iraq.
• Periodic completion and review of Fixed Assets Register and keep up to date record of all policies and procedures ensuring proper reconciliations with physical units
• Assist in responding to queries raised by Company's auditors related to tax and fixed assets
• Professionally qualified candidates (ACCA, CA, CIMA)
• Big 4 audit experience with oil and gas industry exposure
•Applicants with experience working or living in Iraq and with a strong knowledge of Iraq Tax Laws will be advantageous
• Experienced in SAP
• Fluency in Arabic will be an advantage
• Excellent communication skills and good interpersonal skills
***Only applications that fulfil all the above mentioned criteria will be considered for the position.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world\'s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.