Job description / Role
• Utilizing hands-on accounting experience and an in-depth understanding of accounting principles and company practices
• Perform complex accounting activities and financial analyses
• Manage accountants
• Manage tax audits and tax returns
• Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
• Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures/Manage the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation
• Plan, assign and review staff’s work
• Primary responsibility is to prepare and review financial statements and supporting schedules
• Reviewing journal entries of junior accountants to ensure accuracy
• A degree in Finance/Accounting from a reputed university and or a certified accountant. Highly detail-oriented and organized
• Solid understanding of accounting principles
• Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines
• Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees
• Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication, organization and leadership skills
• Detailed knowledge of MS applications, knowledge of SAP an advantage
• Atleast 7-8 years of hands on experience working as a Senior Accountant with a reputed organization.
About the Company
With offices throughout the region, and a member of the globally renowned Arena Group, Arena Middle East and Asia has a history of designing and delivering structures for the most exclusive public, corporate and private occasions in the event calendar. Our passion for delivering turnkey solutions is unrivalled. Every member of our expert team is passionate about the work that they do, from expert carpenters and interior designers, to exemplary customer service staff and skilled projects teams. These core values combined with an impeccable health & safety record means that quality always comes as standard.
We provide temporary event solutions, designing and delivering complete live environments for the most prestigious sporting, commercial and cultural occasions in the global calendar. With over 250 years of experience, we promise our customers the ‘Arena Standard’ wherever they are, enabling extraordinary live experiences around the world.
With a global reach that extends from the United Kingdom & Europe to the Middle East & Asia, and the Americas, we pride ourselves on our ability to provide the ‘Arena Standard’ around the world. Offering a truly tailored and bespoke experience with an extensive product offering around the world, we turn space into place.
Our continued promise and delivery of quality over the years has resulted in long-standing relationships and multi-year contracts with some of the most prestigious events in the world including Wimbledon, The Open Championships, Cheltenham Races, HSBC Abu Dhabi Golf Championships, USGA, and the PGA of America.