Job description / Role
• Provide advanced executive administrative-support to the Vice Dean for the College of Business and Economics, and serve as the Vice Dean's Office liaison to other staff members and faculty regarding correspondence, scheduling, general office procedures and projects related to the work of the Vice Dean; interact regularly and diplomatically with a diverse group of internal and external callers and visitors; manage regular staff meetings for the Vice Dean's Office; compose and distribute correspondences, notices, forms, calendars, manuals, presentations, brochures and other related materials; take minutes of meetings, when appropriate.
• The key administrator of all issues related to the Vice Dean's office and pre-experience programs.
• Responsible for the follow up with faculty and the Vice Dean on the regular update of the College data management systems (e.g. SEDONA) regularly.
• The secretary of the College's Development Committee, in charge of minutes taking, documentation and following up action plans with the Chair of the Committee.
• Arranging transportation for the Dean and Vice Dean's office, as needed.
• Minutes taking for meetings with the Vice Dean.
• Any other duties as assigned as assigned by immediate supervisor.
• Master's Degree and a minimum of two years of administrative assistant experience, which includes experience in providing high-level administrative support and support for special projects and confidential work, preferably in a higher education setting, is required.
• Experience with planning special events is required.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of office management;
• Knowledge of software applications, including office software and database management;
• Knowledge of the types and applications of standard office filing systems;
• Knowledge of and ability to perform online searches and conduct online research;
• Ability to prioritize work and make independent decisions regarding procedures and operations;
• Ability to understand, explain and apply the laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, specifications, standards and guidelines governing assigned activities;
• Ability to write concisely, express thoughts clearly and develop ideas in a logical sequence;
• Ability to follow guidelines, procedures, and written and oral instructions;
• Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues and be thoughtful of multicultural environment;
• Ability to plan and organize work for various functions;
• Ability to develop effective office work procedures;
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team, with both academic leaders, as well as administrative staff to accomplish assigned tasks;
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and show initiative;
• Ability to research and navigate social media;
• Ability to exercise discretion in handling highly confidential information and work with confidential and time sensitive materials
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.