Job description / Role
Senior Analyst/Associate - Public Equity, Mubadala Capital - UAE National
Mubadala is an investment and development company supporting the diversification of the Abu Dhabi economy through active global operations and capital deployment in multiple sectors. Wholly owned by the Government of Abu Dhabi, Mubadala was created in 2002 to generate sustainable financial returns for its shareholder and deliver socioeconomic benefits to the emirate. It has a portfolio valued at AED 246.4 billion (US 67.1 billion), and assets in more than 20 countries.
The company works in partnership with world-class organizations to build integrated global businesses and establish investment platforms, strengthening Abu Dhabi's competitive position in sectors such as aerospace, semiconductors, metals & mining, oil & gas, renewables, information & communications technology, healthcare, real estate & infrastructure, utilities, and defense services.
Mubadala Capital is looking to add an Associate to its Public Investments team based in Abu Dhabi. The Associate role presents a unique opportunity to be part of a team that manages a long-biased, concentrated portfolio of global public investments.
Mubadala Capital is Mubadala Investment Company's dedicated financial investment arm focused on management of alternative assets. Mubadala Capital invests globally across a range of asset classes, including equity and credit, public and private securities, direct and third-party managed funds, while also managing a number of sovereign investment partnerships. Mubadala Capital manages more than $25 billion of assets across its platform.
Mubadala Capital's Public Investments team employs a consistent, disciplined and private equity-like approach to investing in public markets with a focus on traditional value plays and special situations. The team seeks to invest in value-oriented companies and special situations that the team believes are either currently misunderstood or undergoing structural change.
Role & Responsibilities:
The Senior Analyst/ Associate will work closely with senior team members to research investment opportunities:
- Build financial models under limited supervision and update them on a quarterly basis
- Prepare detailed due diligence notes on a company/sector based on primary and secondary sources of information
- Help the team strengthen its understanding and knowledge of a company/sector by proactively monitoring company/sector news flow
- Help prepare investment committee presentation to express the team's views on a given investment opportunity
Key Qualifications and Skills
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Solid understanding of fundamental finance/accounting concepts
- Robust command of valuation methodologies from both theoretical and practical standpoints
- Strong analytical skills allowing to quickly gather and synthesize data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel primarily and PowerPoint to a lesser extent
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and professional maturity
- Ability to think creatively and independently
- Ability to work well in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced work environment
About the Company
Our formation and identity as a company are inextricably linked to the vision of the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan – who imagined a prosperous future for his people, and then brought them together as a nation to achieve it.
Mubadala is a pioneering global investor, deploying capital with integrity and ingenuity to accelerate economic growth for the long-term benefit of Abu Dhabi. As Abu Dhabi’s leading strategic investment company, Mubadala is active in 13 sectors and more than 30 countries around the world, creating lasting value for our shareholder, the Government of Abu Dhabi.
Our work includes the development of global industrial champions in sectors such as aerospace, ICT, semiconductors, metals & mining, renewable energy and utilities, and the management of diverse financial holdings. We build on legacy expertise in oil and gas to invest across the hydrocarbon spectrum, and enhance the UAE’s growth potential through investments in healthcare, real estate and defense services. Our investment approach prioritizes partnership with best-in-class organizations and a commitment to the highest standards of governance.