Job description / Role
Mubadala is a global investment company with a mandate to generate sustainable financial returns to the Government of Abu Dhabi for the long-term.
We actively invest across a variety of geographies, asset classes and sectors that build on our competitive advantages of talent, financial strength, portfolio diversity and global relationships to enhance lasting value at home and overseas.
We are a responsible corporate citizen motivating our businesses to have a positive impact on the communities where they operate.
About Treasury: The Treasury & Investor Relations (TIR) comprises financial risk management, investor relations, structured finance, funding and liquidity, insurance, operations and governance and reporting.
TIR plays a central value-added role in optimizing group liquidity, raising corporate and project financing, identifying and managing financial and insurance risk and managing Mubadala's relationships with the investor/financial community (e.g. investors, banks and rating agencies).
The team designs and executes bespoke, best-in-class financial and risk management solutions for Mubadala at both the corporate and investee company levels whilst acting as an internal financial advisor to investee companies and platforms. In addition to managing Mubadala's relationships with external stakeholders, the Investor Relations team aims to educate the financial community and potential partners on our strategy and businesses, as well as equipping Mubadala and its leadership with knowledge and insights into the financial community.
Our service to our internal stakeholders is based on four pillars:
• Principal - Central execution on behalf of the Holding Company
• In-house Bank - Provision of banking services to assets
• Advisor - Knowledge center providing advice and structuring
• Agent - Acts on behalf of assets in the financial markets
We strive to build deep and productive working relationships with our internal and external stakeholders and be a partner and trusted advisor.
As part of the Treasury & Investor Relations platform, the core Treasury team manages the financial risks (liquidity, funding, interest rate, foreign exchange, equities, commodities and credit) of Mubadala Investment Company as well as providing core treasury operations and operating as an in-house bank to a selection of investee companies.
The Treasury Operations/ Back Office is integral to the timely execution and settlement of treasury transactions with counterparties and provides a paramount control function.
The primary function of the team member will be to take care of the below daily operations as follows:
• Maintenance, administration and development of Treasury Management System to improve efficiency, maintain control, and enable better visibility of treasury transactions
• Settlement and confirmation processing, plus query resolution and stakeholder management
• Oversee the input and processing of treasury transactions into the main accounting system.
• Working with Financial Governance to have control over treasury transactions
Main tasks Treasury Back-Office:
• Responsible for Treasury transactions such as FX, Deposit..etc. settlement and validation
• Responsible for Treasury Equity settlements
• Responsible for cash bank accounts management process i.e. opening, maintenance and closing of cash accounts;
• Responsible for custody bank accounts management process i.e. opening, maintenance and closing of custody accounts;
• Maintain bank accounts, bank signatories and work with ETS on bank connectivity for bank accounts and information within the Treasury Management System/Oracle;
• Perform daily, weekly and month-end reporting activities.
• Communicating with counterparties, other MIC functions and banks in order to solve ad hoc problems relating to treasury transactions when required to;
• Responsible for the daily review of treasury reconciliation between the TMS and bank statements for all bank accounts;
• Championing the daily review of bank reconciliation between the TMS and bank statements for all bank accounts;
• Championing the identification of issues and inaccuracies of treasury transactions and system setup issues and resolving them;
• Responsible for the monthly review of listed equities between the TMS and bank custodian statements;
• Perform treasury deals confirmation and settlement activities: including confirmation matching, preparation and management of confirmations,
• Settlement instruction preparation/input and maintenance; management of daily settlement routines and enforcement of business controls.
• Liaising with counterparties to process all front-office treasury activities including handling any queries arising after deal execution;
• Verbal: Delivers complex messages in formal setting with full clarity and effective articulation; Leads conversations and ensures common understanding amongst audience
• Written: Tailors communication styles to the audience; Is a Mubadala Ambassador; Demonstrates superior listening skills
• Initiative and Engagement: Challenges on-going thinking, does not always settle for status quo and takes concrete steps to generate / explore new ideas; Effectively delivers on multi-tasks (3-5 topics) / switch working topics on demand;
• Team Player: Work effectively with the team.
• Result Orientation and Execution: Has strong drive and passion in pushing work forward, is resilient to challenges and is a source of excitement and optimism; Is aware of and meets deadlines; Delivers high quality work consistently and within expected timeframes
• Analytical skills: Can challenge / assess issues from different angles (e.g. challenge our current processes and software applications to enable us to continuously improve the same); Brings to bear knowledge and experience in Treasury to support the back office; Demonstrates ability to work with numbers and system
• Risk Management: Able to identify risks at various levels (deal, treasury, finance, asset, and able to prioritize risks and assess risk impact and quantification where applicable;
• Ethics: Possesses strong business ethics and complies with established processes and systems
• Drive and Passion: Demonstrates reasonable drive and passion in pushing the work forward and improving the way we work;
Has a "can do attitude" and positive energy; Demonstrates fair resilience to challenges and obstacles faced;
• Collaborative and Flexible: Able to create and maintain good working relationship with peers (internal, assets, partners, other stakeholders); Work effectively and productively with internal and external team members; Able to express thoughts constructively in group settings;
Unconventional, Yet Responsible: Not afraid of exploring new / controversial ideas, within reason; Is disciplined
• FIS Quantum
• Online Banking
Key Relationships and communications:
• Relationship and communication with direct manger, Treasury Operations and BackOffice Team, Treasury Front office, Treasury Governance and Reporting Team, and Transaction Processing - BMS
• Relationship and communication with bank
Qualifications Knowledge, skills and experience
Minimum Education required(Qualification):
• Bachelor Degree.
Skills and Training courses:
• Essential - Experience in controlling treasury back office and operations is essential.
Minimum Years Experience:
• 1-2 years work experience of working in treasury functions
About the Company
Our formation and identity as a company are inextricably linked to the vision of the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan – who imagined a prosperous future for his people, and then brought them together as a nation to achieve it.
Mubadala is a pioneering global investor, deploying capital with integrity and ingenuity to accelerate economic growth for the long-term benefit of Abu Dhabi. As Abu Dhabi’s leading strategic investment company, Mubadala is active in 13 sectors and more than 30 countries around the world, creating lasting value for our shareholder, the Government of Abu Dhabi.
Our work includes the development of global industrial champions in sectors such as aerospace, ICT, semiconductors, metals & mining, renewable energy and utilities, and the management of diverse financial holdings. We build on legacy expertise in oil and gas to invest across the hydrocarbon spectrum, and enhance the UAE’s growth potential through investments in healthcare, real estate and defense services. Our investment approach prioritizes partnership with best-in-class organizations and a commitment to the highest standards of governance.