Job description / Role
We are currently recruiting a Senior Android Developer to join as part of a design and support team, the Senior Android Developer will design, develop, support and deliver robust and cost-effective solutions for both Business and IT led initiatives. Role holder will have managed large-scale software deliveries and or, managed an operational IT unit or a large team. The ideal candidate will be a strong technical manager with leadership experience.
Applications are sought from those with experience in the following key areas;
• Responsible for breaking down complex technical problems into simple, implementable solutions.
• Maintain a full and complete understanding of solution interdependencies and limitations.
• Envision and realize App architecture on the Android platform
• Manage the technical factors related to the resilience, performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
• Ensure technical features are delivered to support all non-functional requirements.
• Overall responsibility for code quality and development level testing.
• Overall responsibility for code reviews.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to explain technical details to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Able to influence the technical direction of internal and external teams
• Detailed knowledge and understanding threading and performance tuning of Android Apps.
• Experience evaluating and leading the adoption of new technologies and techniques.
• Experience integrating Android applications to back-end services.
• Experience with performance and memory tuning tools.
• Experience with push notifications and relevant API’s
• Proficient understanding of GIT code versioning tools.
• Experience working in a continuous integration context.
• Experience working on commercial software products with large user deployments.
• 10 years of Android programming experience.
• Experience with travel related apps preferred.
About the Company
Copora is a privately owned, low volume specialist recruitment agency with offices in both London and Dubai allowing us to have global reach and a strong presence across both EMEA and APAC. Our focus is our people - allowing us to be the partner of choice for recruitment solutions within the Financial Services, Technology, Management Consultancy and Legal sectors.
In an increasingly interdependent and connected world we understand that human relationships are ever more critical to business success. We are an expert team of consultants based across London and Dubai which allows our business to be the preferred recruitment agency for professionals seeking to navigate a complex market.