Job description / Role
We are currently recruiting a Senior Android Developer to join as part of a design and support team, the Senior Android Developer will design, develop, support and deliver robust and cost-effective solutions for both Business and IT led initiatives. Role holder will have managed large-scale software deliveries and or, managed an operational IT unit or a large team. The ideal candidate will be a strong technical manager with leadership experience.
Applications are sought from those with experience in the following key areas:
• Responsible for breaking down complex technical problems into simple, implementable solutions.
• Maintain a full and complete understanding of solution inter-dependencies and limitations.
• Envision and realize App architecture on the Android platform
• Manage the technical factors related to the resilience, performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
• Ensure technical features are delivered to support all non-functional requirements.
• Overall responsibility for code quality and development level testing.
• Overall responsibility for code reviews.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to explain technical details to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Able to influence the technical direction of internal and external teams
• Detailed knowledge and understanding threading and performance tuning of Android Apps.
• Experience evaluating and leading the adoption of new technologies and techniques.
• Experience integrating Android applications to back-end services.
• Experience with performance and memory tuning tools.
• Experience with push notifications and relevant API’s
• Proficient understanding of GIT code versioning tools.
• Experience working in a continuous integration context.
• Experience working on commercial software products with large user deployments.
• 10 years of Android programming experience.
• Experience with travel related apps preferred.
About the Company
Stanley James is a privately owned recruitment business with offices in both Dubai and Cape Town allowing us to have global reach and a strong presence across EMEA and APAC. We have an expert team of recruitment specialists that are people centric, knowledgeable and driven to connect talent across all corporate functions. We are the partner of choice for SMEs, niche industry specialists and enterprises across the Technology, Financial Services, Management Consultancy, Legal, Construction & Engineering and Energy & Oil Gas sectors.
We typically recruit a wide range of skillsets across all corporate services, front/back office functions and commercial leadership teams. This includes Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Sales & Marketing, Engineering, C-Level/Leadership, Business Change, Operations, Special Projects and Business Support Services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Multiple Android Developer Contract
|Abu Dhabi||24 Jun|
Head Of Mobile Engineering
|Abu Dhabi||18 Jun|
Quest Search & Selection
Web Project Manager
Android Developer - Freelance
Green Gulf Careers