Job description / Role
I am currently recruiting for an award-winning, multi-disciplinary company with offices in locations across the globe, founded upon the three pillars of architecture, engineering and interior design.
The role of Lead Architect requires the successful applicant to run a portfolio of projects independently, adhere, enforce and maintain agreed standards within the project teams, and provide assistance to the Associates and Managing Partner to improve the overall performance of the practice. The Lead Architect is an active and integral member of the management structure. Duties are not limited to ;
• Assist senior management team in providing all necessary information required in order to submit fee proposals. Review fee proposals to understand and be fully aware of scope and deliverables
• Provide full and detailed appraisal of project requirements as issued by client. Take sole ownership of draft design brief and present for comment and approval prior to beginning next stage.
• Concept and Schematic - Set up full project programme with Senior Architect. Work with concept department to realise deliverables on time and within budget. Work with Associate to develop cost/time chart based on project deliverables, required resources and agreed programme. Client liaison alongside Associate
• Sub-consultant liaison, agreeing deliverables, scope and timescales. Present concept in PowerPoint format. Attend meetings and file notes and actions of meetings. Coordinate sub-consultants and Senior Architect/Job Captain to produce stage deliverables. Request for Design NOC’s, affection plans etc. Brief specialist sub-consultants and soil investigators. Track client approvals. Take ownership of schematic design development with design team. Ensure local authority compliance. Ensure project tracking schedule is current, monitored and submitted on a weekly basis. Manage any value engineering and make client aware of potential variations to consultancy agreement. Orchestrate detailed design package, review progress daily with Senior Architect, and resolve all outstanding issues where client input is required
• At Detail Design stage, Oversee submissions for building permit and Civil Defence, writing specifications, assisted by the Senior Architect.
• At Tender stage, select a suitable procurement route to suit client’s requirements. Propose tender list, pre-qualify all tenderers. Work with QS regarding BOQ and tender documents
• Agree procurement strategy and compile a procurement programme, Attending mid bid interviews/contractor interviews, Technical compliance review of all tenders, Review tender report and propose successful tenderer to client
• At Mobilisation: Arrange for contract documentation to be signed. Liaise with post-contract staff to agree resources. Arrange and chair pre-commencement meeting.
• Post Contract Act as continuous link to pre-contract staff, client and sub-consultants - Administrate FIDC contract
• General performance of staff to be constantly reviewed. Review standard of drafting, letter writing and report writing. Ensure all time sheets are reviewed and signed off at end of each week
• Complete awareness of consultancy agreements with clients and sub-consultants. Detailed awareness of payment terms and invoicing. Agree invoicing strategy with finance department. Certify invoices from sub consultants. Instruct finance to invoice to clients
• Profitability - Track profitability of projects and report to Associate in charge. Understand key financial objectives of each project
• Expenditure - All expenditure for equipment to be fully substantiated and presented within a proposal to Director for approval. All expenditure on consumables to be referred to Director prior to purchase
Minimum 7-10 Years Experience
• Bachelor Degree or similar in Architecture is a requirement for the role.
• The role of Lead Architect requires the successful applicant to run a portfolio of projects independently, adhere, enforce and maintain agreed standards within the project teams, and provide assistance to the Associates and Managing Partner to improve the overall performance of the practice.
• The Lead Architect is an active and integral member of the management structure.
• Good Concept Design Experience
• Ideally you will have Tall Building / Residential / Hotel Project Experience
About the Company
SSA Ltd. (Sommerman Skinner Associates) find out the detail to allow you to make qualified judgments about your career and its progression. On the companies that we represent (over 2000 spread across a diverse spectrum of industry) we will be able to inform you of contracts pending, awarded, company growth, opportunity, relative reward and internal prospects. We believe that through spending time and effort front end through interviewing or individual dedication we can offer real advice that will be valued. Our founder is degree qualified with extensive exposure to industry and with a career also behind him in Recruitment Management. Our team is made up of qualified construction professionals. We specialise in both permanent and freelance opportunities to qualified construction professionals.
Disciplines covered include:
Site Engineers, Site Agents, Project Managers, Contracts Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Commercial Managers, Planners, Safety, Purchasers, Estimators and Design Executive.
LOCI Architecture & Design
A Leading Architectural Company in the UAE
Senior Interior Designer
Designer - Senior - Workplace