Job description / Role
During your tenure as a Senior in Valuation and Modeling, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Builds analytical models to handle large data sets with Excel, Tableau, or other relevant specialized tools/programs that can be interpreted convincingly
- Maintains a working knowledge of measurement tools, benchmarks, statistics, and metrics needed to quantify and analyze aspects of deal risk
- Manages to deadlines to help team stay on track during a transaction, adapting to changing priorities as they arise
- Analyzes financial and accounting information when evaluating transactions
- Outlines a quality assurance plan, specifying the standards, tools, and techniques to define priorities needed to provide high-quality services
- Conducts market analysis and develops an initial hypothesis around growth opportunities and upside potential and downside risks
- Execute valuation analyses for tax, financial reporting or other regulatory, compliance or management planning requirements
- Leverages economic and industry knowledge to assess the validity of the financial models and reports
- Performs site inspections to obtain an understanding of the major assets, how they are being used with the business, and for discussion of future plans for the assets
- Identifies critical assumptions and facts that underline valuation estimates and provides alternative approaches as required
- Generates models and analyses as industry requirements dictate and leverages economic and market condition knowledge to assess the validity of models and reports
- Prepares robust business planning or transaction models by applying detailed understanding of commercial practicalities, accounting and finance knowledge, technical ability, quantitative analysis, and logic
- Creates progressive financial models that capture the future operating, investing and financing activities, and helps clients determine future profitability, financial position, and risk
- Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life
- Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador
- Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results
- Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities
- Bachelor's degree in finance or any related field
- 4-5+ years of experience in financial advisory, public auditing, or accounting, preferably with Big Audit Firms. -
- International accounting qualification is desired: CA, ACCA, or CPA. Preferably CA.
- Knowledge of best practice reporting and International Financial Valuation and Modeling
- Experience in transaction support, valuation, due diligence, financial re-structuring, feasibility studies/projections, IPO's.
- Advanced level of technical proficiency and computer literacy particularly with spreadsheets (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Supervise staff, inspect client financial records, compile and analyze data, prepare detailed audit reports and resolve accounting research issues.
- Fluency in English. Preference will be given to Bilingual candidates (English/Arabic)
Deloitte in the UAE is part of Deloitte & Touche (M.E.). Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL).
About the Company
Deloitte is the world's largest and leading professional services firm, providing audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax and services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries, whether they are in the energy, communications, oil and gas, financial services, family businesses, healthcare, public or education sectors among others.
With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte's more than 250,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence.
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte globally and is the first Arab professional services firm established in the Middle East region Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) and is a leading professional services firm established in the Middle East region with uninterrupted presence since 1926 with 26 offices in 15 countries to date. What distinguishes Deloitte member firms in the Middle East is the global and regional expertise and know-how offered through specialized and highly knowledgeable talent. Deloitte aims to offer the best services to its clients through a team with more than 3,300 partners, directors and staff in the Middle East which guarantees effective communication with clients and a deeper understanding of their needs. It is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has also received numerous awards in the last few years which include best employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), as well as the best CSR integrated organization.
Deloitte drives progress. Our practices around the Middle East support clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. We invest in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empower them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most-for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Outstanding value to markets and clients
- Commitment to each other
- Strength from cultural diversity