Job description / Role
Reporting to: ATC Team Leader
Division / Function: Transport / Dubai Metro
Base location: SDM Dubai
The key purpose of this position is to provide effective engineering and maintenance services covering the Automatic Train Control (ATC) and BBR System for Dubai Metro.
Structure and reporting relationship
This position directly report to ATC Team Leader (ATC Technician to ATC TL to ATC Engineer to ATC Manager )
• Assist the ATC Team Leader in carrying out all level of preventive and corrective maintenance activities on the automatic train control system covering System Management Centre, Vehicle Control Centre, central control , vehicle on-board equipment , lineside equipment and Broad Band Radio Equipment;
• Install, service and repair signalling and train control systems located in operations control centre, Backup OCC ,signalling equipment room, station signalling equipment rooms, depot signalling equipment rooms, along trackside and on-board trains;
• Carry out repair and maintenance work with the use of hand, machine, electrical and electronic tools and reference to technical drawings, signalling schematics, manuals, procedures and instructions;
• Replace faulty signalling equipment, handover/taken back to the electronics workshop for repair;
• Knowledge and competence in technical standards will be regularly assessed;
• Maintain accurate maintenance records of automatic train control and BBR system and equipment performance, work accomplished and other information using a computerized maintenance management system;
• Ensure the maintenance tools and equipment are maintained in good condition both before and after job activities;
• Assist the ATC Team Leader and/ or other technical support staff to implement complex systems or new projects;
• Perform shift and emergency duties when required;
• Perform and carry out duties as instructed/ directed by the ATC Team Leader/ ATC Engineer
Essential technical and professional skills , knowledge and qualifications
• Minimum 2 years Vocational trade certificate or Three years diploma in Electronics , Information Technology ,Networking ,Computer Application , electrical or mechanical engineering discipline or equivalent;
• Knowledge of signalling principles, fixed block and moving block signalling systems, software based interlocking devices, point/switch machines, induction and docking loops, cab signalling displays, on-board and wayside signalling equipment, is mandatory
• Must have good eyesight and normal colour vision;
• Strong analytical mind, and ability to grasp the complexity of a software based signalling and train control system;
• Ability to use and calibrate various electronic test equipment and PC for the maintenance of central, wayside and on-board signalling equipment;
• Ability to write simple technical reports, prepare method statements and drawings as required;
• Possess good communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
• Strong organisational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities;
• Hold a valid UAE driving license with good driving skill and experience.
• Minimum 2 years robust working knowledge in installation/testing and commissioning / maintenance of CBTC/ moving block signalling system
Additional/special features of the role
• Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
• Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
• To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions;
• Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
• Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
• Awareness of the Integrated Management System and the content of the Health, Safety, Quality & Environment and Information Security Policy Statements
• Understanding of personal responsibilities and contribution to achieving compliance with the Integrated Management System requirements, (including but not limited to competence to perform safety critical roles, legal requirements, control measures arisen from environmental impacts and aspects, job safety analysis and information security risk assessment) and the potential consequences of departure from the arrangements in place to deliver the commitments stated in the policies statements above
• To exercise a personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions
• To use safety equipment (including PPE) as required and intended and observe that this is also enforced among subcontractors and third parties working in Serco’s controlled premises/systems
• Promote a good SAE and Information Security culture among their peers, subcontractors and third parties
• Lead by example and look at ways to conserve energy, water and resources and minimise the generation of waste through personal performance and raise recommendations on how to improve existing processes on this regard within/outside their departments through their Line Manager, Departmental Safety Meetings and any other appropriate available channels
• Protect information assets and data including both electronic and paper based from all threats whether internal, external, deliberate or accidental
Safety Critical Competencies
• Successfully achieve all safety critical competency in ATC systems as per Serco competency Management System.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.